Help me compile a list of Uconn Players from NYC (or by way of) | The Boneyard

Help me compile a list of Uconn Players from NYC (or by way of)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Craig Austrie (Stamford is kind of a stretch but I'm including)
Wes Bialosuknia
Taliek Brown
Andre Drummond - Originally from Mount Vernon
Ben Gordon
Curtis Kelly
A.J. Price
Charlie Villanueva
Terrence Sammuel
Kemba Walker
Kentan Facey

That will get us started.

Reaction Score
Austrie, Gordon and Drummond? Really? (But if you go that way, Rash Jones played in Stamford just like Austrie and Larry Blucher was from Westchester).

Wasn't Vern Giscombe from one of the outer boroughs?

caw

Reaction Score
If you are including Ben Gordon I guess Hilton Armstrong.

Reaction Score
NYC is 5 Boroughs, no suburbs. I'm pretty sure AJ Price is from Long Island, I think he went to Amityville.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Trust me -- no NY basketball player thinks a kid from Mount Vernon is a NY City kid. He might as well be from Scarsdale.

I agree with the first part BL but equating Mount Vernon to Scarsdale? That is similar to equating Bridgeport to New Canaan. Mount Vernon is pretty tough, Scarsdale is Scarsdale.

Reaction Score
I agree with the first part BL but equating Mount Vernon to Scarsdale? That is similar to equating Bridgeport to New Canaan. Mount Vernon is pretty tough, Scarsdale is Scarsdale.

That's my point. Having grown up in Westchester, New Yorkers have total disdain for even the inner city kids from Westchester when they come down to play. (I was hardly implying that Ben Gordon wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Mount Vernon and Scarsdale).

Reaction Score
Craig Austrie (Stamford is kind of a stretch but I'm including)
Wes Bialosuknia
Taliek Brown
Andre Drummond - Originally from Mount Vernon
Ben Gordon
Curtis Kelly
A.J. Price
Charlie Villanueva
Terrence Sammuel
Kemba Walker
Kentan Facey

That will get us started.
Wes Bialosuknia was from Poughkeepsie, NY. I don't think Kentan Facey was from NYC either as he played his HS basketball on LI.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Holy hook I didn't know this was so sensitive and specific. I was just trying to map our greater NYC players.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That's my point. Having grown up in Westchester, New Yorkers have total disdain for even the inner city kids from Westchester when they come down to play. (I was hardly implying that Ben Gordon wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Mount Vernon and Scarsdale).

Fair enough.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
'Money earnin' Mount Vernon' - so called by Mount Vernon's most famous former resident Sean 'Puffy'Combs and he wasn't talking about investment banking...

Reaction Score
Wes Bialosuknia was from Poughkeepsie, NY. I don't think Kentan Facey was from NYC either as he played his HS basketball on LI.

From Jamaica, but played high school basketball in NY. He will have a lot of local supporters though.

Reaction Score
If you told a native new yorker that Stamford, LI, and Mount Vernon were NYC they would like at you crazy, lol. Really streeeeetching with these

Reaction Score
'Money earnin' Mount Vernon' - so called by Mount Vernon's most famous former resident Sean 'Puffy'Combs and he wasn't talking about investment banking...
Not to get technical but I'm about pretty sure it was Heavy D who coined it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom