Help....Can I trust RU? | The Boneyard

Help....Can I trust RU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Getting 8.5 against Arkansas. Am I looking at this through my Big East rose colored glasses or does this seem like a pretty solid bet? I think our conference is underated and they (SEC overated).

Can I trust the Jersey boys?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Getting 8.5 against Arkansas. Am I looking at this through my Big East rose colored glasses or does this seem like a pretty solid bet? I think our conference is underated and they (SEC overated).

It all depends if Arkansas's QB plays. If he plays...I would stay away...if he doesn't...it's a good bet.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wilson is playing. Someone is getting blown out. Good luck guessing who.

Reaction Score
Alabama smoked em 52-0. I'm sorry, but no Big East team is getting beat by Alabama 52-0 at home with or without their starting QB.

Reaction Score
Rutgers may win, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I like they're chances of winning, and normally I'd maybe even look at the money line which is probably paying 2.5:1 or so, but for some reason whenever I bet for (or against) Rutgers, I lose. I think either they or I was cursed by a witch and I just can't win betting on them.

Reaction Score
Rutgers may give Wilson his second concussion of the year. Their D will get to him.

Reaction Score
Rutgers may give Wilson his second concussion of the year. Their D will get to him.

Agreed - line has crept up to 9.5 because Wilson is in - buy a point and cover yourself for a 10 pt game. That or just go big and hit the ML at 3/1.

Reaction Score
Its Rutgers so who the heck knows. I think Arkansas is extremely over-rated, but sometimes things like getting your quarterback back give you a little boost, but we're talking about a team that gave up 24 points to jackson State and lost to Louisiana Monroe...and Wilson played. So I would have to think the Rutboys have a decent chance.

Reaction Score
The answer to your question is that presumably our question was rhetorical.

Of course you can't.

Reaction Score
The problem is the Rutty Offense may be worse than ours. I think their defense will be able to handle the Hogs, until fatigue wears in. I would stay away from 8.5 though I feel New Jersey State will win the game.

Reaction Score
Take the Hogs the giving 8.5, unless you're rutgersal. The Hogs will makes them bleed scarlett red, this will get ugly by half time.

Reaction Score
The problem is the Rutty Offense may be worse than ours. I think their defense will be able to handle the Hogs, until fatigue wears in. I would stay away from 8.5 though I feel New Jersey State will win the game.

The two don't compare. Right now Rutgers offense is further along. They have better play from the QB especially if you watched the USF game. Also, their receivers are much more capable of doing damage now that they are getting the ball.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

Like everyone ( except Rutskirts) trust no one

Reaction Score
The two don't compare. Right now Rutgers offense is further along. They have better play from the QB especially if you watched the USF game. Also, their receivers are much more capable of doing damage now that they are getting the ball.
They have played Tulane, Howard, and USF.....are you sure about that?

Reaction Score
They have played Tulane, Howard, and USF.....are you sure about that?

Without bring loyalty into this look at the facts:

UCONN- Whitmer has been a BIG disappointment. He has 5 INTs and no TD passes. Only Davis has over 100 total receiving yards. Also, McCombs isn't nearly what he was last year and the offense is built around a sounded run game. Overall the offense can't get out of it's on way since its averaging only 278 yards per game and that's including the UMass game explosion of 373 total yards.

Rutgers- Nova isn't anything to write home about, but he does have 4 TD passes without an INT. Rutgers has 3 different receivers with over a 100 total yards in receiving. And Jamison has given them a solid run game to help Nova as he develops. Rutgers had their best offensive game against their best opponent (USF) to date and put up well over 400 total yards against them. USF is probably better than any of the teams either UCONN or Rutgers have play so far. So that kills your theory of they haven't played anyone.

Rutgers offense is getting better weekly, while UCONN is getting worse. Whitmer is going to drive everyone to drink. It's only so long the defense can carry this nightmare of an offense.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Whitmer is playing against real teams. He's a disappointment, but holy crap RU schedules are an embarrassment. It took an act of God to get them to play Arkansas.

Reaction Score
Whitmer is playing against real teams. He's a disappointment, but holy crap RU schedules are an embarrassment. It took an act of God to get them to play Arkansas.

Explain today against Western Michigan? Whitmer kept throwing passes behind the receivers. The receivers never had a chance to make plays. Also, the defense didn't show up today. Both the OL and DL stunk up the place this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom