Helm’s Championships | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Helm’s Championships

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mean an AP #1 finish is both a poll and a championship. USC was the last true AP champion, but some of the biggest names in sports history built their resumes off the backs of polls and selectors and whatnot. Bear Bryant won a couple AP titles and then promptly lost the bowl game.
Without it, Notre Dame has no championships.

Reaction Score
Super Bowl is a championship of two leagues that became close to equal and later merged. Nfl championship is the championship of one of those leagues. In my opinion all sports should throw out records and stats from any games before the sport was racially integrated.

Reaction Score
Of course we would. KU has the original rules of basketball on display and other historical artifacts. The Helms are part of the history of the sport, like the early NIT titles as well, and Kansas rightly feels like it has a big part of that history. I've never met a single KU fan (not counting the Twitter trolls) that feels that they are equivalent to the championships now. It's not a big deal.
Do they seriously announce this at the games that Kansas is a 6 time national champion? If they do that's pathetic.

If they announce it as 4 time national champion and 2 time awarded Helms Athletic Foundation winner it's less pathetic but still fairly pathetic.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
NFL championships, pre super bowl absolutely count. How can they not? They were played out on the field. However, the Helms is a joke.
Just because the committee was composed of people making kaiser rolls and doughnuts is no reason to besmirch them. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just because the committee was composed of people making kaiser rolls and doughnuts is no reason to besmirch them. ;)
Again, it was only one dude for the vast majority of time.

dunkin donuts 80s GIF

"and now I shall declare who is the champion from over a decade ago."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom