Heather Macy Quote and Pics From Last Two Games | The Boneyard

Heather Macy Quote and Pics From Last Two Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
View attachment 8031 Both games were so much fun. Alex you said "and I've never had any further desire to visit Greenville again since." Then I read your posts in the game thread. Seems like you do have a reason to go back. I thought it was a great place to see a game. We made new friends, everyone is so polite saying Sir and Ma'am and thank you all the time. The student section all left at halftime but because of school break there were only 8. It was a rare thing seeing a double header which both the men and women both play and that more people were there to see the women. Before the game someone shouted out "I love you Geno." Chris sitting right next to him wanted him to acknowledge her but he didn't. I then yelled out "I LOVE YOU CHRIS" and she turned around and thanked me. Here is the link to the photos.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741877.100001448080687&type=1&l=68c05cd894
a000000.jpg

Last edited:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Glad you had a great time in Greenville! Thanks for posting the photo from Wednesday!! What a group!!:)

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
View attachment 8031 Both games were so much fun. Alex you said "and I've never had any further desire to visit Greenville again since." Then I read your posts in the game thread. Seems like you do have a reason to go back. I thought it was a great place to see a game. We made new friends, everyone is so polite saying Sir and Ma'am and thank you all the time. The student section all left at halftime but because of school break there were only 8. It was a rare thing seeing a double header which both the men and women both play and that more people were there to see the women. Before the game someone shouted out "I love you Geno." Chris sitting right next to him wanted him to acknowledge her but he didn't. I then yelled out "I LOVE YOU CHRIS" and she turned around and thanked me. Here is the link to the photos.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?sea.816006991790896.1073741877.100001448080687&type=1&l=68c05cd894 View attachment 8032

Hey Dan...I noticed that your photos selection was heavily skewed towards number 24 Brianna Pulido...just coincidence or did she do something I missed???? :)

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
Hey Dan...I noticed that your photos selection was heavily skewed towards number 24 Brianna Pulido...just coincidence or did she do something I missed???? :)
I am friends with her and her family. I also try to get photos of Tierney Lawlor because I know her grandfather and her aunts like it when I do.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
As you probably know Tierney Lawlor was a martial arts student of mine...she earned her 2nd degree blackbelt in my Shelton School... She began training at an early age and credits her martial arts training as something that has helped her achieve her physical goals.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As you probably know Tierney Lawlor was a martial arts student of mine...she earned her 2nd degree blackbelt in my Shelton School... She began training at an early age and credits her martial arts training as something that has helped her achieve her physical goals.
I did not know that. But I'll remember be careful around her, and you. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I did not know that. But I'll remember be careful around her, and you. ;)
Very smart. Charlie is like a 10th degree or something. It's crazy amazing!

Reaction Score
That's awesome I did not know that. What Martial Art if you don't mind me asking? (I did Tae Kwon Do for 5 years teaching 3 of those years)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741877.100001448080687&type=1&l=68c05cd894 View attachment 8032
Ha! Now, had you gotten to meet Heather Macy, it would've been worth the trip. :)

Suffice it to say ECU was rather unkind to my mother, who escaped by getting her dream job at a school in Montreal. Sadly, this is where she lived the last six years of her life. She was an amazing woman I adored and revered, and I proudly named my daughter after her. Having said all of that, Montreal, as well as Concordia University, were very kind to her. The stark contrast of the way she was treated as a professor at ECU makes me very disinclined to return to Greenville.

But Danny, I really appreciate the picture. I'm flattered you thought of me after taking that shot of Heather and using it in this thread. And she looks great! Must have been a good day for Geno all around...

And hey, Ozzie posted a pic from the Duke game...and I'm in it!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Tierney is a 2nd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do (A Korean form of Karate that pre-dates Tae Kwon Do by about 25 years)... And, for the record thanks Eric for the promotion but at the moment after 47 hard years of training, teaching, and the developing the Tang Soo Do Mi Guk Kwan style of karate, I currently hold a 9th degree Blackbelt.

As you can tell by the zeal in which Tierney approaches her practices with UConn women's basketball...Tierney was a very hard worker in Tang Soo Do and she was quite good for her rank. Like many kids who excel in High School Sports Tierney was unable to continue with her training while playing varsity sports. However, once one trains to the level that Tierney achieved it is said to be in your blood....so, I imagine that someday she will pick up her martial arts training again.

Reaction Score
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...type=1&l=68c05cd894[ATTACH=full]8032[/ATTACH]

Hmmm. Coach Macy appears excited by Geno's gentle touch :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Tierney is a 2nd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do (A Korean form of Karate that pre-dates Tae Kwon Do by about 25 years)... And, for the record thanks Eric for the promotion but at the moment after 47 hard years of training, teaching, and the developing the Tang Soo Do Mi Guk Kwan style of karate, I currently hold a 9th degree Blackbelt.

As you can tell by the zeal in which Tierney approaches her practices with UConn women's basketball...Tierney was a very hard worker in Tang Soo Do and she was quite good for her rank. Like many kids who excel in High School Sports Tierney was unable to continue with her training while playing varsity sports. However, once one trains to the level that Tierney achieved it is said to be in your blood....so, I imagine that someday she will pick up her martial arts training again.
Wow thanks for the information. On Sunday at Msg when the players are warming up I will pay extra attention to Lawlor and see if I can't pick up on that worth ethic.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have 6 degrees from Kevin Bacon. Or maybe I AM 6 degrees from Kevin Bacon. :)

Seriously, the BY has some very impressive members.

Reaction Score

I'm just comfortable knowing we have a real enforcer on this team. ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom