Heading to Memphis for the AAC Tournament | The Boneyard

Heading to Memphis for the AAC Tournament

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I am starting a thread for anything relating fans traveling to Memphis later this week. Please post any suggestions on buying tickets, hotels, fan pre game and post game hangouts/events, and things to do while in Memphis.

I don't have tickets yet but I am strongly considering making the trip after seeing today's game and Jalen back. Let's show the conference why we have the best fans and let's pack the FedEx Forum. Our team will appreciate it and it may inspire them to do something special. At the very least, we can make a fun little trip out of it.

Thank you!

Reaction Score
I just saw on ESPN that SMU is locked into the 10 seed. If SMU wins, aren't they the 9?

Reaction Score
Wait on buying tickets. Went in 2014 and bought the book through UConn and wasted $600 plus.Unless they are on Memphis's side of the bracket tickets should be dirt cheap.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Online ticket services should have good seats and the first three days should be able to move around pretty easily. Days 1 and 2 will be thin. Get something cheap lower in a good section and see what happens.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
What is everyone's thoughts on buying all session tickets. Isn't it cheaper to go that route?

Reaction Score
You could probably go on stub hub 30 minutes before the game and get cheap ones then move close to the court. These things never get close to selling out unless the home team is playing

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Let's get a roll call going. Who is taking the trip to Memphis to support our squad?

Right now I am 50/50. Need to work out the plans and costs. Should know by tomorrow. If I go should be starting my road trip early Wednesday morning.

I am considering an Air B&B but I don't know if I can trust that. Holiday Inn about 20 min outside of the city sounds like a good deal, about $95 average per night.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Let's get a roll call going. Who is taking the trip to Memphis to support our squad?

As many as will ever go to the big cow arena in Fort Worth: zero

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Can't wait to try the BBQ in Memphis. I tried B's Cracklin' Ribs in Savannah last year and it was phenomenal. Anyone headed to GA needs to try that place out.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score

Right now I am 50/50. Need to work out the plans and costs. Should know by tomorrow. If I go should be starting my road trip early Wednesday morning.

I am considering an Air B&B but I don't know if I can trust that. Holiday Inn about 20 min outside of the city sounds like a good deal, about $95 average per night.

Can we split an Airbnb?

Reaction Score
Are you Greek? With that name I assume you are. My parents immigrated here from Greece and opened a pizza place. I am all too familiar with Greek style pizza, the best hands down if you want a thick hardy slice.
Nah. Half Italian and Puerto Rican. Mano is a shortening of my middle name, Manuel. My dad has the same first name so that nickname was to differentiate. Same with Manolo or Manolito.

Greek pizza is my least favorite. Too much dough, I ain’t here to eat bread!

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Nah. Half Italian and Puerto Rican. Mano is a shortening of my middle name, Manuel. My dad has the same first name so that nickname was to differentiate. Same with Manolo or Manolito.

Greek pizza is my least favorite. Too much dough, I ain’t here to eat bread!

I like thin crust Italian too, but only with certain toppings or if I'm on the go. If you want heavy toppings you cant really do that with thin crust.

Reaction Score
Are you Greek? With that name I assume you are. My parents immigrated here from Greece and opened a pizza place. I am all too familiar with Greek style pizza, the best hands down if you want a thick hardy slice.
Was/is their Greek pizza place in CT.? It's weird, I don't think CT. has a particularly large Greek population but they have more Greek pizza places than anywhere else. Where I live there are a lot of Greeks and many gyro and Greek restaurants but no Greek pizza places.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Was/is their Greek pizza place in CT.? It's weird, I don't think CT. has a particularly large Greek population but they have more Greek pizza places than anywhere else. Where I live there are a lot of Greeks and many gyro and Greek restaurants but no Greek pizza places.

Yes it was. Southeastern CT is littered with Greek pizza places. Way too many in one area. For some reason back in the 60s and 70s they all opened business in the same area. However, I am noticing more authentic ethnic foods are more popular now. Pizza is not real Greek cuisine. Real Greek food is uniquely Eastern Mediterranean, similar to foods of the Middle East.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The Rendezvous is an institution down there for ribs.

It's also owned by Greeks.

It alwasy amazes me that Memphis most famous Rib joint doesnt make Memphis Ribs.

They do hot and fast ribs with a constant wet mop. and they are Baby Backs! Not St. Louis cut Spares.

I like them, but that aint "memphis" Q

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Cooper-Young neighborhood in Midtown Memphis has some great restaurants/bars. It's where younger locals hang out if you wanna get away from touristy Beale Street.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom