HCBD's Game Week Press Conference Turned Into Assessment of Program's Future | The Boneyard

HCBD's Game Week Press Conference Turned Into Assessment of Program's Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I have no desire to watch this. I don't want to hear anything else from this guy.

Agreed. I haven't watched or listened to any of his PCs since mid season. It's always another bunch of infuriating nonsense. Life is too short for wasting any time paying attention to his tired, old act and verbal horsepucky.

Reaction Score
oh my god. as soon as someone asks about "why he should be the UConn coach still" he just rambles off excuse after excuse. Tough schedule, it's only year three, how good was anyone else here in year three, etc. Then he goes on to say he has a spectacular sense of "insulation" that prevents him from hearing negative feedback. are you kidding me bob? You're coddling yourself.

Reaction Score
I don't hate Bob Diaco. I actually think he is probably a good hard working dude and decent human being. But this is not about "decency." Coaching is about performance and HCBD should not get another year.

Bottom Line, UConn got exponentially worse as the season went on. UConn football literally quit playing and gave up. Early in the year we were battling and lost some tough games but the effort was there. Now we are getting blow out by weaker opponents. HCBD has lost the team and once that happens there is no returning. This year was not a "step back" it was a "step out" and a referendum on HCBD's ability to command respect. Once respect is lost it never comes back.

UConn football has never been lower. $5 million is a lot of money but to bring back a proven loser is even more costly. It not personal but HCBD has to go....

Reaction Score
This guy is freaking nuts. He considers a fan base that wants him gone as "excited" and "positive."

Reaction Score
F ing infuriating. "How have other UConn coaches done in year 3?" . Want to compare Edsall's third year at 1A Bobby red pants?

"Just an incredibly difficult schedule". Umm no. It was easier than last year.

Doesn't read his emails. "I am incredibly insulated". Just a f ing

Reaction Score
F ing infuriating. "How have other UConn coaches done in year 3?" . Want to compare Edsall's third year at 1A Bobby red pants?

"Just an incredibly difficult schedule". Umm no. It was easier than last year.

Doesn't read his emails. "I am incredibly insulated". Just a f ing
Actually his comments in that presser to me are exactly what a guy who is on the verge of losing his job would say while trying to maintain a image of still being own control. I'm sure in his mind by saying again and again that the issues with this team during the course of the season are his fault and he is going to fix them mean he is taking ownership...it's just too little too late. If he had been like this after year 1 I would have been more of "ok..this guy is getting it"...now it's just more Fiascoisms

Reaction Score
07-minister.jpg

Baghdad Bob Diaco
Someone with editing skills needs to affix Diaco's face on this pic.

Reaction Score
I agree with those who don't "hate" on him. He seems like he's trying hard, probably too hard.
But there's not a single strand of his DNA that has Head Coach on it. He's a D-Coordinator. He needs to go back home. Go back to just defense, nothing else. 100% of the time.
Don't ever call timeouts again. Don't ever call for fake FG. Don't ever tell a team they can't return a punt. Etc. etc. Etc...
Just stick to honing your 3-4 defensive unit somewhere else.

Reaction Score
I agree with those who don't "hate" on him. He seems like he's trying hard, probably too hard.
But there's not a single strand of his DNA that has Head Coach on it. He's a D-Coordinator. He needs to go back home. Go back to just defense, nothing else. 100% of the time.
Don't ever call timeouts again. Don't ever call for fake FG. Don't ever tell a team they can't return a punt. Etc. etc. Etc...
Just stick to honing your 3-4 defensive unit somewhere else.
His old boss is in desperate need of a DC...maybe he can get him a similar paycheck and he rides off into the sunset with Benedict forgiving what Diaco owes UConn if he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom