HCBD Bleeds Winning | Page 4 | The Boneyard

HCBD Bleeds Winning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1) He's not making great points
2) He's contradicting himself
3) He's pretending that this strategy, obviously not designed to win each game (or else Diaco would employ it for the whole season) is still designed to win games. Because irishfan's definition of trying to win is "not trying to lose".

Because he's saying that HCBD is evaluating the team and at the same time wants to win he's contradicting himself?

You can't evaluate and want to win at the same time?

I think one may out weigh the other (in this case evaluating out weighing winning) but you can want both. Thats not contradicting.

Reaction Score
Because he's saying that HCBD is evaluating the team and at the same time wants to win he's contradicting himself?

I think one may out weigh the other (in this case evaluating out weighing winning) but you can want both. Thats not contradicting.

I give up.

Reaction Score
So I'll assume that means that the answer to my question was no, you don't know.
Since you insist -
http://fortheglorypsu.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-notre-dame-story-media-does-not.html
http://thedirty.com/2014/04/notre-dames-beloved-prince-shembo-got-away-with-rape/
http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/prince-shembo-sexual-battery-lizzy-seeberg/220575

I could go on but since the poor girl is dead, Shembo can say whatever he wants. And ND faithful will believe that is the truth.

Want to answer whether you think Winston is innocent?

Reaction Score
ibleedblue,
Are you really going to try and argue that coaches can't evaluate players based on practice? Despite the fact they've been doing it since there have been organized sports? Some folks surely go to extremes to defend their positions.

Yes i am

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Well, somebody has now gone off the deep end.

I thought you weren't going to follow UCONN football because of the uniforms. Got over that tantrum, eh?

Reaction Score

Of course he "wants" to win. But he wasn't trying to win more than he was trying to evaluate and prepare for later in the season.

I get the strategy, and I suspect it will work.

That doesn't make it easier to stomach while sitting in the stands wanting to win far more than I want to evaluate.

Reaction Score
I'm not opposed to Diaco's strategy. I'm opposed to him calling these "preparation games" and then having posters excoriate some of us for saying what we already know. That winning these games isn't his priority. If it were, nobody would have to defend the strategy.

So it's just a semantics issue? You're OK with the strategy. So if he had simply called the first three "win or die" games you'd be fine with it.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Your question was a false choice. You can play 50 plus players in the second half when the game was decided. You can throw it to Davis earlier than halfway through the 2nd quarter already down 21-0.

You don't know what our record would be if we played out the first game differently, so therefore, your question was a false choice. You cannot argue that Diaco's strategy is guaranteed to make us go 7-5, and that if he didn't take these first 3 games as preparation, we'd go 5-7. It's a false choice.

Regarding the nonce about a child stomping their feet, one of us is being petulant. Perhaps you read my first two posts in this thread and gain some perspective on my opinion on the matter.

I think Diaco believe that Whitmer could do a bit more in the red zone. He certainly wanted to find out.

That's not giving the game away, thats a coach who can't perfectly predict the future.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
So it's just a semantics issue? You're OK with the strategy. So if he had simply called the first three "win or die" games you'd be fine with it.

Exactly.

Some people are more focused on winning the press conference than the fact we had no answer to Hill.

Reaction Score

I understand the strategy, that doesn't make it easy to stomach a coach not doing everything he can to win. Especially on national TV against a name program.

What are the first three games preparation for?

Reaction Score
Exactly.

Some people are more focused on winning the press conference than the fact we had no answer to Hill.
Actually, I'm more focused on winning the games than the press conference. You're more focused on appearing to be right. You should go back to the first page and read my first two posts. But you won't.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I understand the strategy, that doesn't make it easy to stomach a coach not doing everything he can to win. Especially on national TV against a name program.

Winning the conference.

DUh

Reaction Score

the other 9

Reaction Score
I think Diaco believe that Whitmer could do a bit more in the red zone. He certainly wanted to find out.

That's not giving the game away, thats a coach who can't perfectly predict the future.

I don't have a problem with that decision. He got his answer, I don't think he'll try it again but you never know.

Maybe he should hire you, since you can predict the future. I mean you obviously know what decisions will result in 5-7 or 7-5.

Reaction Score
Thinking that BD doesn't want to win because he's evaluating the team is ridiculous.
The logic in my questions to you is the same as the logic in your questions to Jimmy.

You gave an answer to your own first question "obviously 50 is too many" but refused to give an answer to my question "ask Diaco".

Hypocrite.

And you've still refused to answer this question.

Winning the conference.

DUh

That simple I think these guys are missing the point... I'm honestly done with this topic...

Reaction Score
Irishfan came in with some unique insight into what BD's thought process might be. That was a great point. Yet you and Wing just went off on him.
Reread the thread. I disagreed with his opinion that Diaco was still trying to win the game. He wasn't trying to win the game more than he was trying to get some experience for the players and evaluate their performances.

I didn't "go off" on him until he decided to attack the character of Bob Diaco by implying he was the reason ND's image has been tarnished.

Reaction Score
LMAO

You're all admitting that he's using these games to prepare to win games later. It's obvious.

But I'm the dou7he for pointing out that the strategy employed now, may win games later, but they don't win games now, and that's frustrating as a fan in the stadium.

I'm supposed to pretend the coach really did everything in his power to win Friday night. Including employing a strategy that everyone agrees is designed to win "the last 9 games", "the conference", and "the next ten years". I'm supposed to believe that the coach really wanted to win against BYU and that's why he had a strategy for "preparation games" totally different from the other 9 games.

I can accept his strategy, but if you accept losing, you're a loser.

Reaction Score
Irishfan came in with some unique insight into what BD's thought process might be. That was a great point. Yet you and Wing just went off on him.

Yeah - but....IRISH fan......the name enough is enough to draw authorized fire from any direction, for any reason. You don't go into the bleachers at Yankee Stadium wearing Red Sox gear, or vice versa at Fenway and expect to be treated like a sane, peace loving individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom