HBO Flat out Madness Recruiting Video | The Boneyard

HBO Flat out Madness Recruiting Video

Reaction Score
What a fabulous show. I can't imagine how HBO could have done a better job. And I love when Geno says " we never take a play off ...ever." It was great seeing Maya's block when UConn was 30 points ahead and Geno saying that's why I do this.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
But maybe, just maybe it raises the bar on what the next wave of players realizes they need to do to be successful regardless of whether they come to UConn. This has to be and will be good for WCBB IMO.

Reaction Score
You would think that they would already realize that perfection is rarely attained and comes at a price...............if they didn't they sure do now..................

Reaction Score
What terrific piece. Congrats to HBO for a job well done. Loved the bit with Gabby cooking...who knew! Loved that CD got the credit she deserves for what's been accomplished. Terrific interviews with Rebecca & Sue & Maya. Great focus on key games. I will now take a deep breath and stop gushing. Did I mention it was terrific?

Reaction Score
But maybe, just maybe it raises the bar on what the next wave of players realizes they need to do to be successful regardless of whether they come to UConn. This has to be and will be good for WCBB IMO.
Probably.

So maybe, what 90+%, of D1 WCBB coaches did/will watch this with the hopes of advancing their program? But of course only about 30% will ADMIT that they watched. :rolleyes:

But think of the poor kids, soon there will be NO D1 programs available for a high school superstar kid that already knows the game inside and out and doesn't need coaching. :rolleyes:
They'll be no "safety schools," Geno's wrath will be a part of every program. :eek: :rolleyes: Head bang

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
What a fabulous show. I can't imagine how HBO could have done a better job. And I love when Geno says " we never take a play off ...ever." It was great seeing Maya's block when UConn was 30 points ahead and Geno saying that's why I do this.

I agree 100% - this was a typical HBO production, 1st class in every way!

Who could have asked for better press for WBB in general and UConn specifically???

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
At several points both players and narrators referenced each team not wanting to be the team that did not uphold the Husky legacy. There is clearly a weight to that, but we still seem to be getting warriors who want to carry it.

HGN

Reaction Score
Is there any way or form to see this production for those of us without HBO in our cable package ??

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure it didn't scare 95% of the recruits away from Storrs..that's not a bad thing....they weren't going to be recruited by Geno any way.

That's is definitely a good thing. It means we need to focus on 5% of the best recruits that want to come and play for Connecticut. Judging our past, I'm okay with that :D:D

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Thanks a bunch, Rocky! Any kid who would be scared by this film would no fit here anyway. Great filter! (Not that the staff need it!)

Reaction Score
Lobo was the worst center in America until Kara Wolters showed up!!! HBO Sports documentary offered a perspective not seen or available on SNY or ESPN. The video and sound and personal touches are better than anything I have ever seen.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Rocky!

Reaction Score
You would think that they would already realize that perfection is rarely attained and comes at a price.....if they didn't they sure do now...
We're talking high school kids here. Most of the are still clueless about what it takes.

Reaction Score
What terrific piece. Congrats to HBO for a job well done. Loved the bit with Gabby cooking...who knew! Loved that CD got the credit she deserves for what's been accomplished. Terrific interviews with Rebecca & Sue & Maya. Great focus on key games. I will now take a deep breath and stop gushing. Did I mention it was terrific?
Having watched it 2.5 times now I'm not quite so enamored of it as I first was. B- at best. I think the FSU game and the 2nd Tulane game should not only been mentioned but featured, to show where this team started from, and also, that it still has vulnerabilities.
In addition, almost not mentioning Pheesa and literally not mentioning Chong were 2 unforgivable omissions in my view.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom