Hawks win lottery-DC real chance at going #1 | The Boneyard

Hawks win lottery-DC real chance at going #1

Reaction Score
Searched to see who just won the lottery and the Hawks won despite low odds.
One of the first thing I saw said that Donovan Clingan will be one of the guys the look at and consider the most to go #1 overall.

Would love to see it!

Reaction Score
Searched to see who just won the lottery and the Hawks won despite low odds.
One of the first thing I saw said that Donovan Clingan will be one of the guys the look at and consider the most to go #1 overall.

Would love to see it!
I would love it as it is my hometown team and I can go see him a lot.

Reaction Score
It would actually suck if he goes there. Our players keep getting drafted to teams with a playoff chances so they don't get enough minutes and patience to develop. They are not allowed to play through their mistakes.

Reaction Score
It would actually suck if he goes there. Our players keep getting drafted to teams with a playoff chances so they don't get enough minutes and patience to develop. They are not allowed to play through their mistakes.
The number 1 pick is given a biiiit more focus and investment by the team than a late lottery guy.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I don’t see how the Hawks don’t take Sarr. They absolutely need a stretch big and even though he can’t shoot all that well yet his upside is tremendous. Unfortunately I can see a path where Clingan goes 6th to Charlotte but hope that doesn’t happen (even though they have new ownership now). The Wizards potentially? Going to be an interesting draft for sure.

Reaction Score
I don’t see how the Hawks don’t take Sarr. They absolutely need a stretch big and even though he can’t shoot all that well yet his upside is tremendous. Unfortunately I can see a path where Clingan goes 6th to Charlotte but hope that doesn’t happen (even though they have new ownership now). The Wizards potentially? Going to be an interesting draft for sure.
The Office No GIF

Bite your tongue or your keyboard fingers.

Reaction Score
Would the Spurs be interested in drafting DC, to play the 5, with Wembanyama at the 4?
I was surprised but some who know have suggested it. They'll probably take a guard at 4 though and I'm not sure Clingan will last to 8.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Would the Spurs be interested in drafting DC, to play the 5, with Wembanyama at the 4?

Literally the only talk of DC going to San Antonio I've read ... has been on this board.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Not that it means anything, but the Athletic now projects Clingan going to Houston at 3 and Castle going at 6 (yeah, to Charlotte).
Would hate that for both of them. Clingan behind Sengun and Castle behind Lamelo.

Reaction Score
Would hate that for both of them. Clingan behind Sengun and Castle behind Lamelo.
Clingan isn't going to go and play 35 minutes anywhere, so I don't think it really matters if he has another center on the roster as long as they're complementary.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Clingan isn't going to go and play 35 minutes anywhere, so I don't think it really matters if he has another center on the roster as long as they're complementary.
Yeah but I’d like for him to at least have a path to a strong role. Sengun is a young star that’s a franchise player. Not much room for him to grow and develop there.

Best fits in the top 5 are the Wizards(ew) and Spurs. Outside of that if the Grizzlies could trade up he’d be a great fit next to JJJ too.

Reaction Score
I would love if clingan gets drafted to memphis. i dont think he will because i dont think he will fall to 9 but memphis is in desperate need of a center which would allow him to probably start immediately and him paired with former dpoy Jaren Jackson Junior in the front court, he should thrive

Reaction Score
I would love if clingan gets drafted to memphis. i dont think he will because i dont think he will fall to 9 but memphis is in desperate need of a center which would allow him to probably start immediately and him paired with former dpoy Jaren Jackson Junior in the front court, he should thrive
Maybe they'll trade up, but the lottery didn't go well for this scenario unfortnuately. I do agree it would be the best fit for him.

Maybe his agent can pull some strings and have him end up there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom