Hawkins invited to draft green room! | The Boneyard

Hawkins invited to draft green room!

Reaction Score
I don’t see him going past 15.
I know he’s one of ours but he’s gonna be an all star within 2-3 yrs

Reaction Score
Draft.net moved him up to 11. If for some odd reason he doesn’t go in the lottery I kinda want him to slip to the 17-19 range and go to Lakers, Heat or warriors.

Reaction Score
I'll give kudos to @husky429 who was always high on Hawkins potential as a recruit and saw a lot in him in the Dematha games, including the ability to be more than a shooter and become a defender. I admit to only seeing a good player, I think he saw star potential that materialized.

Reaction Score
Rumors have it he's looked good and his stock is rising. Should be be top 10, even top 5.
I love hawk but I would be absolutely shocked to see him go before 11. Wemby/Scoot/Miller/Thompson brothers/Whitmore/Walker/Black all guaranteed to go before him

Reaction Score
I'll give kudos to @husky429 who was always high on Hawkins potential as a recruit and saw a lot in him in the Dematha games, including the ability to be more than a shooter and become a defender. I admit to only seeing a good player, I think he saw star potential that materialized.
Agree with you on @husky429 ..Excellent talent evaluator and how that might project at the next level.. Puts in the time and has an eye for nuance.. Head of the BY Scout Dept.

Green Room recognition is huge.. NBA usually doesn't miss on the guys chosen to attend.. Thought in transition from freshman year to second year Hawk had to either do much more SnC/conditioning-- Or improve ballhandling off the dribble--or learn to move without the ball/use screens/actions/picks. Of those three.. Think he nailed the last .. Footwork and stroke like his doesn't come around often in the CBB world. And his teammates were able to find him in his spots..

Gonna make the Yard proud at the next level.. Time to buy some new threads for the Green Room.

Reaction Score

Real talk, Jordan Hawkins is in my opinion easily the best shooter we have had. My memory may be a little fuzzy, I started watching during the Chris Smith era but the only one who is close is Rashad Anderson. Im not so sure he isn’t one of the best I’ve seen period. Ray Allen Curry level in a few years im thinking. Also have we ever had a center as effecient as Sanogo? Maybe Okafor. My point is, we’ve lost ALOT and I don’t think people realize it enough. And that’s not even mentioning AJ and his playmaking and defense and toughness. We’ve got ALOT to work with, but we ARE starting over and I don’t care what anyone says. That doesn’t mean we won’t make ALOT of noise because we will, but there will be ALOT of up’s and downs in my opinion. Those 3 were special.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I said it after watching his shot as a freshman, I said it before the season and I said it right before the tourney all on the boneyard. This kid/man is special. The way the shot comes off his hand is Klay Thompson like. I believe his is a top ten talent and would not be surprised if that happens. I know there were players that shot a higher percentage @ GradyDick but Hawk was the best shooter in college basketball last year.

Reaction Score
It seems likely he'll either go 11,12, 14 or 16-19. He didn't work out for the Raptors at 13 or Hawks at 15 and they're both kinda set at 2-guard (and rumor is Raptors at 13 like Keyonte George if they do want a guard).

He doesn't really seem like a Thunder prospect either at 12 and he'd come off the bench for them and they have Isaiah Joe on a good contract already, so I'm skeptical of them as a landing spot. The Magic at 11 are seemingly going to have a lot of options of guys who were initially projected top 10 (Cason Wallace, Gradey Dick, etc.) or possibly who have been risers (Coulibaly, Bufkin, etc.), so I wouldn't be surprised if he's not top of their board despite the good fit. Could still be there, though.

The Pelicans at 14 might be moving up or dealing Zion, so who knows on them right now. Lively has also been mocked there pretty consistently.

The 16-19 range seems most likely. A lot of veteran, contending teams that could use another cheap shooter. The Jazz at 16 seem like a good possibility. ESPN has him mocked here. Although they did draft Agbaji last year, Clarkson only has player option left and seems likely to leave, so they need another 2G. Depends what they do at 9, though, and they may trade picks/consolidate. At 18, Miami is likely losing Strus, but have been in Brad Beal rumors. If they don't get Beal, I could see them going for Hawk also. He fits the Lakers but I'm inclined to believe in the Jett Howard to Lakers smoke at 17. Warriors are probably least likely just because he might go before them and they do still have a logjam at guard if they intend re-sign Klay.

Poe

Reaction Score
I have never seen someone get fouled every game while shooting a 3. The hang time on his shot is unreal. The opponent’s fear in his shooting is real.

Reaction Score
Draft.net moved him up to 11. If for some odd reason he doesn’t go in the lottery I kinda want him to slip to the 17-19 range and go to Lakers, Heat or warriors.
Hawkins getting meaningful minutes in the playoffs playing with LeBron is a dream I could only wish for.

Then again they would probably trade him at the deadline if he showed promise for a vet to go for it all over a rookie

Reaction Score
Between 10-15 is the sweet spot. But aything before 20 is fine.

Reaction Score
Is staff attending this? I believe they wanted to with Bouk but the Rona thing…

Also, will this be their first Green Room? (Ex did DH go with TT or JR?)

Reaction Score
Real talk, Jordan Hawkins is in my opinion easily the best shooter we have had. My memory may be a little fuzzy, I started watching during the Chris Smith era but the only one who is close is Rashad Anderson. Im not so sure he isn’t one of the best I’ve seen period. Ray Allen Curry level in a few years im thinking. Also have we ever had a center as effecient as Sanogo? Maybe Okafor. My point is, we’ve lost ALOT and I don’t think people realize it enough. And that’s not even mentioning AJ and his playmaking and defense and toughness. We’ve got ALOT to work with, but we ARE starting over and I don’t care what anyone says. That doesn’t mean we won’t make ALOT of noise because we will, but there will be ALOT of up’s and downs in my opinion. Those 3 were special.

You know Ray Allen played here, right? Strange you say Hawk is easily the best shooter we've had and then say he could Ray Allen like. Ray was a 45% 3 shooter here. Hawk was 38%.

Reaction Score
I think Hawkins is second best player in the draft. He is a stud at everything except dribbling. If he was 3 inches taller it would be weird. Like who goes first weird. I imagine him being Steph. Just dribbling is an issue for him. His dribbling is why Jackson became so important. We needed someone outside of newton to bring ball up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom