Hawaii Bowl v Nevada sound good? | The Boneyard

Hawaii Bowl v Nevada sound good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone want to do Christmas in Hawaii? CBS Sports latest bowl projection has us going to Honolulu vs. Nevada on Christmas Eve.

LINK

Reaction Score
Any bowl -- no matter how inconvenient the time and uappealing the opponent -- would be a bonus for getting our youngsters and reserves the extra practice time, and rewarding the players.

Would I go to Hawaii then? Absolutely not. But I'd love to see it anyway.

Reaction Score
Any bowl -- no matter how inconvenient the time and uappealing the opponent -- would be a bonus for getting our youngsters and reserves the extra practice time, and rewarding the players.

No argument there...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We are 4-5 with remaining games of Tulane, Houston, and Temple. Assuming we lose to Houston and Temple, but beat Tulane, that puts us at 5-7 and 3-5 in our conference. Are there so many bowl games that teams below .500 are invited? If that's the case, at this point 9 AAC teams could go bowling. I don't see how a 5-7 UCONN team gets to a bowl, but I will admit I don't follow the minutia of how many bowl games are available and how eligible a 5-7 UCONN team might be...

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, and i hope I'm wrong, that ship sailed with the USF fiasco. But wouldnt it be nice if we somehow get 2 of our last 3 to at least give us a shot at a Bowl bid

Reaction Score
Jerry Palm's bowl picks -- the link above -- are the most considered bowl projections there are. I doubt very much he sees us beating Houston or Temple to get to 6. So I would assume his projection is based on believing there will be 5-7 teams needed to fill all the extra bowl slots created for this year.

Reaction Score
I'm in!

Will they offer "top of the Aloha Stadium" pricing for seats?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Of there is a 5-7 team offered, it will be based on proximity which means it wouldn't be us. Go win two games.

Reaction Score
We are winning 6 games this season. I don't think we end up in Hawaii for our bowl, but we are winning 6.
We will beat Tulane for #5.
We get Houston at The Rent for a chilly late November game, coming off of our bye week. They will have just played Cinci and Memphis back to back, and then play Navy the following week. We will get win #6 here.
We then travel to Temple, who will most likely be playing for a spot in the championship game and to keep in the running for the G5 spot in the NYD bowl (if they win the CCG the following week), I'm not as optimistic there.

Reaction Score
November 21st. vs Houston.
Want a 4 o'clock kickoff.

Really wanting the long range forecast to read :
Rain and snow, 25 degrees/// 20 mph wind out of the north

Reaction Score
Just nice to hear about us in the bowl conversation again.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
So we beat Tulane and then get a fluke win against Houston or Temple.

The Hawaii Bowl is cool. SMU went there twice with JJ. It's the only football game on Christmas Eve, resulting in a captive audience on TV. Lots of eyeballs watching.

We can dream ...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Would LOVE those extra practices. Those will come in handy in preparing for 2016. I obviously can't make a trip to Hawaii but I sure as heck will buy/donate tickets through the school.

Reaction Score
Just nice to hear about us in the bowl conversation again.
I would like us to become good before we possibly look bad again. This on the field and in the purse. http://articles.courant.com/2011-03...0110302_1_advance-tickets-fiesta-bowl-stubhub

Eh. I would take no pride in going to a bowl at 5-7. I'd want it to happen for the extra practice time, but that's only as an aid to get where we need to go.
Agree, would have even settled for The Pinstripe piece of crap which I would never attend but at least the band could hitch hike and save money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom