Have you read the Mo'Ne Davis Wikipedia article? | The Boneyard

Have you read the Mo'Ne Davis Wikipedia article?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to admit I've paid almost no attention to the Mo'ne Davis phenomenon. I was a little concerned that undue pressure might be felt by Geno if she applies to UConn in a few years. What if she's a borderline prospect for the Huskies?

Read this article, if you haven't already. This kid is impressive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo'ne_Davis

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Nope BUT speaking of Mo'ne, the Jackie Robinson West team (IL), the one that knocked Mo'ne's team out of the LLWS, has had it's title stripped for using non-resident kids.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/story/_/id/12308988/little-league-strips-chicago-team-us-championship-suspends-coach

How could that be? These players were vetted - birth and residency documents were checked. Their eligibility was determined by the appropriate authorities. This sort of thing never happens in the pristine world of amateur athletics. I have no doubt that the root of the problem is the racist coaches that complained.

Reaction Score
A quick read of the Philly Inquirer box scores shows Mo'ne is averaging 10-12 points per game, which is pretty good for an eighth grader in a tough league. The team isn't too good.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
How could that be? These players were vetted - birth and residency documents were checked. Their eligibility was determined by the appropriate authorities. This sort of thing never happens in the pristine world of amateur athletics. I have no doubt that the root of the problem is the racist coaches that complained.

Not to be rude or anything, but this is a very snarky post.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Chicago.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Not to be rude or anything, but this is a very snarky post.

Deliberately snarky - pointed at those that labeled a HS wbb coach a racist for no other reason than the team he called cheaters happened to be predominantly black. Point is - they could have been from Nigeria, Estonia or China. The accusation (right or wrong) was about cheating. It had nothing to do with race.

Now the supporters of the cheating LL team are crying racism. In their minds it had nothing to do with a cheating coach and cheating parents and everything to do with race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom