Hathaway's Folly | The Boneyard

Hathaway's Folly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sure - let's blame it all on the donut-eating Warde Manual.

The truth, as many of us who are very invested in the Program know, is the last five years of Hathaway were a flatline in terms of progress - while we were winning National Championships. The Fanbase - meaning YOU - lacks the enthusiasm we had earlier in the decade. The fundraising sucked. The marketing has sucked. Hathaways only modest success was hiring Penders for Baseball. And, he succeeded in pissing off the coaches in the three biggest sports, including two HOFers.

We should have built Rentschler to 52,000+. Rutgers did it without the necessary funding - guess what - it showed up. We are in a far better situation & never seemed to consider it. Many here bitch about this: buddies, this is how you get to the Bigtime. We are not making the cut because we have small time thinkers. Including a lot of YOU. You have to strive to be excellent. And we have that in Auriemma & Calhoun.

Jurich is a Bigtime AD; one of the best in the country. Kragthorpe was a failure; but, not one of smallminded nature like Pasqualoni. He projected on a talent & missed. Hathaway went retread. What can we say about Manual? He's not Jurich. In 8 months, I love the Hockey East push. I'm OK with the Ollie contract structure; but, think he needs to convert that to permanent based on plenty of evidence. I believe Manual is in quicksand with PP. All this leads to a lesser Program when looked from 10,000 feet. Edsall, btw, gave UConn profile & juice. PP with 3 points in second halves of conference games says something else.

The ACC is hard to understand. Look at Syracuse. There is NO way you should choose them over us or Rutgers or Louisville. Crap demographics. Mausoleum for football venue. Sucky AD. So, part of this is an ACC that is just too slick. Delaney has this right & you'll see that as the numbers come in over years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom