Hatfield & McCoys........ | The Boneyard

Hatfield & McCoys........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's everyone think? Can't wait until the finale tonight!!

Fe

Reaction Score
i wont spoil it for suzyq, but I think the miniseries is awesome! very well done.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I thought it was okay. Two very unlikeable families. All full of unlikeable dimwits. The spotlighting of Johnse is to keep viewers interested at all. The ONLY character that anyone could like.

Reaction Score
I never heard of this series till I read this. Did they get into the study that showed the McCoys are genetically prone to intense pain and anger? Apparently, they have this abnormality in the nerves that causes intense pain.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I sit five feet away from one of my workers who is from Kentucky.

I sucked him in to a conversation and asked if he watched the series. He gave me an incredulous look, the same look he gave me when I asked if he watched the show on moonshining.

So, I asked him, "who won?". He kind of shrugged and said no one really won, the battle died out after one of the leaders married a first cousin. He said it casually and off-the cuff as if that's how all battles in Kentucky, Tennessee or West Virginia ended.

arch

Reaction Score
I thought it was okay. Two very unlikeable families. All full of unlikeable dimwits. The spotlighting of Johnse is to keep viewers interested at all. The ONLY character that anyone could like.

Honestly, could you understand a word those yokels were saying. I couldn't even tell most of the characters apart.

U

UCONNfan1

Honestly, could you understand a word those yokels were saying. I couldn't even tell most of the characters apart.
Those damn rednecks all look the same...

Reaction Score
I thought it was just me. I turned up the volume and replayed some parts because I could not understand what the heck they were saying. I liked it anyway.

Reaction Score
I liked it . I'm a history buff and found the story which we all have heard forever " The Hatfields and McCoy's has now some understanding behind it. Just heard of it and never quite knew the story behind it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that it was as historically accurate as they want people to believe.

I thought the acting was pretty good but the story was far less compelling than I had anticipated. The worst part was that there were a handful of things that were put into the story solely to appeal to the masses, regardless of authenticity.

I would like to see a 'History vs Hollywood' on this to point out the flaws.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that it was as historically accurate as they want people to believe.

I thought the acting was pretty good but the story was far less compelling than I had anticipated. The worst part was that there were a handful of things that were put into the story solely to appeal to the masses, regardless of authenticity.

I would like to see a 'History vs Hollywood' on this to point out the flaws.

That's why they're called "movies." Not sure I have ever seen a history driven flick without something added for the masses!!

Kevin Costner should stick to westerns, he's always been solid as he was in this and Wyatt Earp. While not knowing the "facts" of the Hatfield & McCoys it certainly stirred interest for me to find out and read some more. Well scripted, well acted and just plain well done for a short series from what I saw.......

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So, I asked him, "who won?". He kind of shrugged and said no one really won, the battle died out after one of the leaders married a first cousin.

Then they all became UK fans.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Or UK Grads!!

Reaction Score
One thing for sure was those mother's really hated one and other.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I would have thought marrying first cousins was the cause of the feud, not the solution. Go figure.

I sit five feet away from one of my workers who is from Kentucky.

I sucked him in to a conversation and asked if he watched the series. He gave me an incredulous look, the same look he gave me when I asked if he watched the show on moonshining.

So, I asked him, "who won?". He kind of shrugged and said no one really won, the battle died out after one of the leaders married a first cousin. He said it casually and off-the cuff as if that's how all battles in Kentucky, Tennessee or West Virginia ended.

Fe

Reaction Score
I understood most everything that was said, but maybe that is because half of my family originates from Kentucky.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed it, but couldn't understand alot of what they were saying, the words were difficult to make out. I heard alot about the H&MC's growing up so I kinda wanted to see some history. I am glad I've never gotten lost in WVA. It was a scary place. They all talked like they had a mouth full of mush. I didn't feel emotionally connected with any of the characters.

Fe

Reaction Score
Sure is a lot of buzz about this series. I was in Chicago and Indiana when this was on and everyone was talking about it, now I am back in PA and everyone at work is discussing it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Q: How do you know the toothbrush was invented in Kentucky?

A: If it was invented anywhere else it would have been called the teethbrush.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Finally watched it this week. Really good. The movie was pretty accurate by hollywood standards. A few characters were combined into 1 and the Battle of Grapevine was made a little larger and more dramatic than it probably was in real life. Other than that, it was pretty accurate based on what I have read.

It does go to show how big an impact one guy can have on a conflict. Prior to Phillips joining the fray, it was more a beatdown than a real feud..

Reaction Score
That said...i got into Entourage three years after it came out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member