Haters gonna hate. | The Boneyard

Haters gonna hate.

Reaction Score
Parrish really hung his hat on the NET all season and put Purdue on a pedestal. He basically refused to believe his eyes. Goodman is an idiot. I'll bet the other journalists roll their eyes when he opens his mouth at a press conference.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UNC fans - check out this thread from the past day in which posters complain about how dirty the program is and how Calhoun bought players like Cliff, Tate and Rudy. And conspiracy theories about how UConn's success just so happened to tie with the rise of ESPN.
"And I know he paid handsomely for Clifford Robinson and Tate George. "

Heh. Those guys were recruited by the coach before Calhoun. And that program wasn't buying anyone. On the road, they stayed at Knight's Inn and ate at McDonalds.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gary parrish, jeff goodman and seth davis only have jobs talking about college basketball because theyve had them for years. if they were coming up now no one would take them seriously, never mind pay them for their thoughts.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
taylor swift haters gonna hate GIF

Reaction Score
UNC fans - check out this thread from the past day in which posters complain about how dirty the program is and how Calhoun bought players like Cliff, Tate and Rudy. And conspiracy theories about how UConn's success just so happened to tie with the rise of ESPN.

UConn gets no respect (247sports.com)
Most of this thread is actually pretty complimentary, I found. A couple haters and there, but most calling us the best program of the last two decades and legitimately thinking we deserve more attention and credit. A lot of respect in here.

Reaction Score
ah lovely.. another fan base busting out the trope that UConn is a crap school and why would anybody come here and babied by ESPN.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

There’s a Director at my company who’s a UMD fan who pushes this hard.

I was like sure, it’s the money and not seeing Ray, Rip, Caron, and Ben being the guys before him. Who in their right mind would turn down the chance to be the next Juan Dixon for that??

Reaction Score

UConn didn’t buy Rudy. They bought his AAU coach. Beltway Ballers.

Cliff and Tate were Perno recruits.

Reaction Score

Talk about glass houses and stones……not to mention horrific fact checking.

Think the thread title captures this well…..

Reaction Score

Some joker in the thread pretending to be Mik Kilgore Mark Strickland (handle: DeanESmithCenter) and telling all sorts of unfounded nonsense about UConn. All sorts of vitriol and viscous lies, it's almost obnoxious how some people feel entitled to lie like that, his claims would be torn to shreds within an hour here. Plus saying Hurley abuses refs on a Bob Knight level is laughable. I GUESS Some couch potatoes have too much time on their hands to pretend they are some obscure 1990s Temple basketball player. Pathetic.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Basket Weaving U says what?

Reaction Score
From that thread

I’m aware but had no first hand knowledge of Ollie. I had first hand knowledge of Calhoun trying to buy me. And I know he paid handsomely for Clifford Robinson and Tate George. It’s why I despise Calhoun and UConn
Someone invite that guy over to the BY, I call massive amounts of BS on all his posts.

Reaction Score
To be fair, half of that thread was pro-UConn, or as we would label it--fair and objective. The other half was total BS. Calhoun wasn't the most personable guy in the sport, but he was one of the best coaches of all time. He wasn't getting 5-star recruits, but he got the most out of the players he recruited. And there is no evidence that he didn't play within the rules.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
From that thread

Someone invite that guy over to the BY, I call massive amounts of BS on all his posts.
I looked up Temple's roster from the early 90s - there's no scholarship player that fits the description and time period he describes.

I call major shenanigans.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
UNC has always been good to us because we beat Duke, but now they are having buyers remorse because they are all just realizing our next title ( whenever that is) will tie us with them all time. It’s a bitter pill to swallow.

Reaction Score
Parrish really hung his hat on the NET all season and put Purdue on a pedestal. He basically refused to believe his eyes. Goodman is an idiot. I'll bet the other journalists roll their eyes when he opens his mouth at a press conference.
Controversy sells for the mouth breathers. Not saying Purdue can't win, but they are not the favorites to cut down the nets. Not surehow Burns does not foul out here.

Reaction Score
Gary parrish, jeff goodman and seth davis only have jobs talking about college basketball because theyve had them for years. if they were coming up now no one would take them seriously, never mind pay them for their thoughts.
So why then is anyone even talking about these losers?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom