Hassan Diarra | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
b/w newton, alleyne, and diarra hurley crushed the portal.
200.gif

Reaction Score
Can’t shoot but luckily I read it’s easy to teach here
it's ok if we had to choose getting a backup ball handler was much more important than a shooter. now we have 4 good ball handlers (newton, diarra, jackson, alleyne) and 4 good shooters (newton, alleyne, hawk, karaban)

Reaction Score
Diarra hit a ton of big shots for them, he’s fearless like a UConn guard!!

Saw every A&M game down the stretch & was at many of them.

This is a terrific, terrific get and I’ve been very critical of Hurley not taking an extra guard last off-season (and was so at the time). If we land him, huge props to Coach!

Further with Andre‘s playmaking, he doesn’t have to be as much of a playmaker for others if Newton is on the bench. He CAN shoot, I remember his rep as a HS player - but he changed the narrative down the stretch much like Tyrese did with his shot. I saw it with my own eyes.

Someone referenced the stats earlier, when their shoot first point guard quit the team, his play and the team took off.

Reaction Score
Jalen was vastly better than the people here gave him credit for. His defense became adequate and his A to TO was fine at 2:1. His shot abandoned him but was fine as a sophomore. I doubted we’d replace him with anybody better and I still do.

HH respect the heck out of you but in this case you’re off. Jalen Gaffney was vastly worst than what you try to give Jim credit for. Not being able to shoot made him hardly worth giving any time. His defense may have improved but that’s because he looked like he was standing still versus any quick guards. I’m not saying Diarra is the answer I don’t know enough, I just know we needed to get some guards who could impact the team when they’re brought in.

Reaction Score
Jalen was vastly better than the people here gave him credit for. His defense became adequate and his A to TO was fine at 2:1. His shot abandoned him but was fine as a sophomore. I doubted we’d replace him with anybody better and I still do.

You’re not going to get a lot of agreement on this but you’re not wrong.

Reaction Score
You are one of the 5 worst posters on this board. No one is psyched about this kid playing big minutes. Just as nobody would be bummed if Gaffney stayed as our emergency guard. The idea is that Castle reclasses, we land another impact guard we are targeting and we can keep it in the family with this kid as an emergency guard. Context matters jfc.
Still here @runner11? You poked the bear.

Reaction Score
And he shot 35% as a Junior. He just simply was not up to this level, it’s fine to admit that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Diarra is better than Gaffney. Through confidence alone
I hope so, assuming he is here. We need that bench PG. Doesn’t have to do much but be steady. My worry with him is he will take too many shots.

HH respect the heck out of you but in this case you’re off. Jalen Gaffney was vastly worst than what you try to give Jim credit for. Not being able to shoot made him hardly worth giving any time. His defense may have improved but that’s because he looked like he was standing still versus any quick guards. I’m not saying Diarra is the answer I don’t know enough, I just know we needed to get some guards who could impact the team when they’re brought in.
I’m not under any illusion that he lived up to the promise we saw when he arrived. Simply saying that if you look at the stats and metrics, he became steady. Not impactful, but his matador defense was fixed and his turnover to assist ratio (if he still made memorable turnovers). The shooting was terrible last year. Lacked confidence. He wasn’t the reason we lost any games. Or won them.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m impressed by your commitment to the guys on the roster who’re, at best, belonging towards the back of a decent rotation. There’s a reason they both left.

Reaction Score
If he was vastly better, he wouldn’t have ended up at FAU. Any team in the BE could have taken him and they all passed. He was not good, like at all lol

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If he was vastly better, he wouldn’t have ended up at FAU. Any team in the BE could have taken him and they all passed. He was not good, like at all lol
What? Vastly better than the absurd opinion you lot have. That’s all. And yes, he was.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The man who thinks we’d have made the final four if only Hurley would have given Akok and Gaffney 30 mpg.
I never asked for more minutes for Gaff. As for Akok, if there is anybody who doesn’t think we would have been better playing him a lot more they didn’t pay attention. And have not looked at the stats. Almost all our best combined offense and defense lineups included him. He’s going to do well at Georgetown.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Better upgrade than any guard we would have had in his role (if true)…

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I used to really like you (and @Fishy ) as posters, but this offseason was kind of sad for you.

Go back to the beginning of last season and look at my posts. I was higher on Gaffney than almost anyone on this board.

But I actually used my eyes to watch him (and Diggins) play this year.

I wish him the best because I think the fit here wasn’t right for him (he’s not a PG).

But damn. Y’all can’t keep up with the times.

Reaction Score
think we're set with a 9 man rotation. sweet 16 or bust. you cant squeeze another 20-25 mpg out of the rotation for castle. we only have 3 frontcourt players that arent proven and they need PT. at least 10-15 mpg each.

Newton 30- Diarra 10
Alleyne 25- Diarra 10- Hawkins 5
Hawkins 20- Jackson 20
Jackson 10- Samson 15- Karaban 15
Sanogo 30- Clingan 10

30- newton, aj, sanogo
25- alleyne, hawk
20- diarra
15- samson, karaban
10- clingan
If the rotation is set, I’m not nearly as high as you are with the sweet 16 or bust.

My ideal situation is to bring in Castle, start him, & bring Alleyne off the bench as 6th man. Sure, Alleyne started at VT for 3 years, but if we want to win some postseason games here, one more break you down guard is still needed & sacrifices by some need to be made.

Reaction Score
If the rotation is set, I’m not nearly as high as you are with the sweet 16 or bust.

My ideal situation is to bring in Castle, start him, & bring Alleyne off the bench as 6th man. Sure, Alleyne started at VT for 3 years, but if we want to win some postseason games here, one more break you down guard is still needed & sacrifices by some need to be made.

If Karaban or Johnson step up Alleyne could be off the bench as you had hoped. Newton, AJ, Hawk, AK/SJ and Sanogo. We will see. The Castle situation could change the whole dynamic, no matter I hope both Karaban and Samson become good enough to demand minutes they are big pieces.

Reaction Score
What? Vastly better than the absurd opinion you lot have. That’s all. And yes, he was.
Well, no BE or any other P5 coaching staffs agree with your assessment. The best mid major conferences don’t even agree with it either lol. But I’m sure you’re right, and all of those high major coaching staffs with 3 years of game tape and professional evaluation skills are wrong.

Reaction Score
I want Castle here also and as someone above stated, Akok is DEFINITELY a loss that we all will see.

Reaction Score
Just not sure what many saw in Akok that we will miss all that much. I mean he was nothing more than an 8-10 minute guy with the way he was playing. He blocked a few shots off the ball, made a few 3s and that’s good. He let everyone go by him on the baseline, couldn’t hold his ground being backed in to the basket. He hasn’t taken anyone off the dribble since his freshman year so that doesn’t make him much of an impact offensively. I mean granted if he suddenly gets all his gifts back maybe we will regret him leaving but honestly they guy who saw minutes last year rarely deserved any more than he got.

Good kid but looking forward to Samson and Alex time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom