Has the gag order been lifted? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Has the gag order been lifted?

Reaction Score
One person comes off looking terrible here and that’s Miller. And I would argue that Jim Calhoun comes off as the second worst.

Kevin Ollie’s tenure turned into a dumpster fire. But the allegations against him happen at every program. And I would guess happened at UCONN before he took over.

Reaction Score
Yeah that’s because you are mad at him because the team sucked.

Cheer on an athletic department that pays someone to coach another team and employ a rat.

Then pretend that Calhoun while employed by another school didn’t sanction said rat potentially damaging UConn.

I get it Ollie sucked - but you are cheering on snakes in order to save the school some amount of money that doesn’t matter.

Calhoun created the situation - got jealous that there was success beyond him and has acted like a 9 year old who can’t have a toy for 3 years.

If you are cool cheering for that to save a few dollars - that’s great. I’ll pass on pretending they aren’t duplicitious backstabbers.
If you cheat, you better win. And if your off-court actions hurt your job performance, but your employer doesn't bring that up publicly, then they're doing you a solid.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
One person comes off looking terrible here and that’s Miller. And I would argue that Jim Calhoun comes off as the second worst.

Kevin Ollie’s tenure turned into a dumpster fire. But the allegations against him happen at every program. And I would guess happened at UCONN before he took over.
All expenses paid trips to camps in the offseason is not typical for any school.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you cheat, you better win. And if your off-court actions hurt your job performance, but your employer doesn't bring that up publicly, then they're doing you a solid.

Stop you are being a clown. This isn’t cheating. This is 1,300 pages and a highlight is a phone call from Ray Allen.

You are a smart kid - don’t be a fool - if Glen Miller ratted out Ollie with this penny ante nonsense after a trip to the Final Four you’d demand him burned at the stake.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Glenn Miller was granted immunity from what exactly? Facing violations at a DIII program?

UConn really put the screws here to KO. It's not about what anyone deserves, but rather what was written in the contract.

Herbst and the athletic department should be ashamed they signed the deal in the first place, and how they have weasled their way out is pretty shameful.

Reaction Score
Let’s put our big boy pants on...

We all know why Ollie got fired and who really cares if GM received immunity. Has no bearing on anything since the violations are minor.

And, I’m okay if arbitration goes in KO’s favor ... but he shouldn’t get a wooden nickel until I’m reimbursed for the past two seasons; including mileage.

It’s tough to be a man, baby!

Reaction Score
Stop you are being a clown. This isn’t cheating. This is 1,300 pages and a highlight is a phone call from Ray Allen.

You are a smart kid - don’t be a fool - if Glen Miller ratted out Ollie with this penny ante nonsense after a trip to the Final Four you’d demand him burned at the stake.
well the all expenses paid trip to Atlanta is the real highlight. I don't know why you keep ignoring that. who's money was used there?

this report is only the tip of the iceberg compared to all the other things that influenced the decision

Reaction Score
Why is working out with Ray Allen bad?

He's considered a booster because of his status as an alum and while I believe he could "drop in" at Gampel while recruits are there it's not allowed to have Ollie set up a call so Ray could give the recruit a sales pitch.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Didn't Benedict once hire Bruce Pearl? My God, what a mess. Calhoun created a family bond with players n coaches that's now fractured & embarrassing. Hope this doesn't mess up the Hurley era. Fact is the only folks who really bleed blue are fans. Think any former players ever went to sleep wondering about conference realignment like we do?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
well the all expenses paid trip to Atlanta is the real highlight. I don't know why you keep ignoring that. who's money was used there?

this report is only the tip of the iceberg compared to all the other things that influenced the decision

Oh the rich single guy chasing tail? Scandalous.

The Atlanta trip is nothing, it’s a technicality that makes people trying to get out of a bad contract excited. More serious violations happen on a weekend in September in every P5 program in the country.

Maybe you don’t know who Kirk King is - I bet if you search for him here you’ll find lamenting about the penalty for his yuge ‘violation’.

Reaction Score
Didn't Benedict once hire Bruce Pearl? My God, what a mess. Calhoun created a family bond with players n coaches that's now fractured & embarrassing. Hope this doesn't mess up the Hurley era. Fact is the only folks who really bleed blue are fans. Think any former players ever went to sleep wondering about about conference realignment like we do?

The Calhoun game is still happening. Ray today said he looks forward to sitting down and talking with Dan. The family will be just fine

Reaction Score
Oh the rich single guy chasing tail? Scandalous.

The Atlanta trip is nothing, it’s a technicality that makes people trying to get out of a bad contract excited. More serious violations happen on a weekend in September in every P5 program in the country.

Maybe you don’t know who Kirk King is - I bet if you search for him here you’ll find lamenting about the penalty for his yuge ‘violation’.
if you have a contract and one side doesn't hold up their end, it's fair game to terminate the contract. Ollie should be suing his agent for the clause in his contract, not the school.

Reaction Score
Can someone start a poll asking which you’d prefer - miller keeping his mouth shut and Ollie stays or Miller sings and we have what we have now.
I’d think the answer is lopsided. Unless someone wants to think UConn would have rid themselves of Ollie and written a 10 mil check which I find hard to believe

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
if you have a contract and one side doesn't hold up their end, it's fair game to terminate the contract. Ollie should be suing his agent for the clause in his contract, not the school.

LOL you are lawst.

You have the exact same position as CL - that should jar some brain cells loose.

Rooting for backstabbing unethical rats to save a few dollars. Good look.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He had Ray Allen talk to a recruit on the phone. He’s technically a booster. That’s the violation
CRACK ME UP - a booster

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can someone start a poll asking which you’d prefer - miller keeping his mouth shut and Ollie stays or Miller sings and we have what we have now.
I’d think the answer is lopsided. Unless someone wants to think UConn would have rid themselves of Ollie and written a 10 mil check which I find hard to believe

Rest assured this ethically challenged inept leadership team would never take responsibility for the terrible deal they signed.

Instead they enlisted employees who run another basketball program to rat out their own basketball program.

In case you were wondering what snakes do when backed into a corner...

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
He was hand-delivered one of the best jobs in all of college basketball, he signed a contract with incredibly broad language for just cause firing, he no longer thought the guy who hand-delivered him the job was useful to him and made sure he knew it, he didn't perform the duties of his job, he acted like a horses arse off the court, and committed acts which breached his contract.

He's made a ton of money and was given an opportunity nobody else with his resume ever would have been given and he blew it. I find it a bit hard to feel sorry for him.

Thanks for the first two years and the hardware, we'll try and forget everything that happened after.

Yes and despite all of that UConn would have had his back if he won. College bball is pretty shady and this is just another reminder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom