Has Temple ever come close to selling out a home game at the Linc? | The Boneyard

Has Temple ever come close to selling out a home game at the Linc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At most half full with #7 Louisville in town. Who knows how many of those red shirts are LVille fans too ;-)

Edit: Started playing in the 69k seat stadium in 2003 and only crack 30k when local teams with big followings (PSU, RU, Navy) come to town. Only sell out was vs PSU-grain of salt.

Reaction Score
Lived in Philly for a long portion of my life. Can't remember the city ever really getting excited over the owls football...basketball for sure but never football. It is a hugely obsessed football town but Temple just never grabbed an audience.

I highly doubt they have ever filled the Linc

Reaction Score
I like how people are pitting us against the likes of Temple, USF, and to some extent Buffalo in CR and they make our paltry attendance look like we sell out Cowboy Stadium every week. Heard 15k were at Raymond James Stadium to see USF beat Cinci??

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I like how people are pitting us against the likes of Temple, USF, and to some extent Buffalo in CR and they make our paltry attendance look like we sell out Cowboy Stadium every week. Heard 15k were at Raymond James Stadium to see USF beat Cinci??

Lets beat the Shot out of Temple, Buffalo and USF and then worry about attendance numbers.

40K in The Rent on a regular basis will come when we win.

We're no Alabama, but if we get back to a power running game and a hit you so hard you yourself defense, we just might be OK.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I lived in Philly when they were playing at the Vet. Always an afterthought. PSU is first on most fans' college football list in Philly, and the Eagles dominate so it's a distant second. It's very difficult to have "Temple fever", even on the basketball side. In bball you've got the big 5/6 and chances are someone else is playing well, so you're never getting full billing.

Reaction Score
I live near Philly now. It is overwhelmingly a pro-sports town. The Eagles are the clear number one team, with the Phillies a solid number two. The Flyers have a strong cult like following and the Sixers only draw when they win (and even then they may not draw all that well).

The Big-5/City 6 basketball programs get some attention, especially when one of the teams is doing really well. There is very little interest in college football, and Penn St is probably the number one team in Philly even though Happy Valley is a few hours away. Last night the local NBC news channel sports segment covered the Penn St game before it covered the Temple game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom