Has Daniel Hamilton signed his LOI? | The Boneyard

Has Daniel Hamilton signed his LOI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
No. The signing date isn't even until the 16th.

Reaction Score
He has made it clear that the LOI is something that only benefits the school, and he's seen first hand how it can burn the player. Not surprising.

Reaction Score
hungry husky said:
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=5395151

Don't know if this is updated, but I'm a little puzzled that he hasn't at this point. Going to go with the conservative sentiment that several have shown on this board; don't assume the recruit will play until you see them in a jersey.

He's not going to sign. Even more the case now - the family will make sure to have their bases covered if some NBA team waves silly money at KO and he leaves all of a sudden. We may believe he's going to stay here on the yard, but our futures aren't depending on it.

Reaction Score

Don't know if this is updated, but I'm a little puzzled that he hasn't at this point. Going to go with the conservative sentiment that several have shown on this board; don't assume the recruit will play until you see them in a jersey.

You're not required to sign a LOI. I don't know why anybody ever would, to be honest. He signed his scholarship papers, and his twitter feed has been all UConn, especially during the tournament run.

Reaction Score
How many times has Hamilton tweeted not to worry and that he was still all UConn? At least 10 times? More? Some people posted his tweets here during the National Championship run and I'd have to say he couldn't have been that excited if he was thinking of not coming to UConn.

Reaction Score
I am puzzled that people are still puzzled that Hamilton hasn't signed a LOI. It's a non issue. Hope no one mentions it again.

Reaction Score
Somebody disabuse me here.

The school wants the LOI because it means they know they have a kid locked up or a schollie, and 1 spot filled on the roster.
The kid wants the LOI because it means he's committed to the school and they'll be holding a spot for him.

So the question is, can a school reject a kid after he signs a LOI without having just cause?

If not, then it seems like a two way street.

If the concern is that a new coach won't let the kid out of the LOI, then two things need to happen - 1. new coaches need to not be so douchey, and 2. there needs to be an auto-out if the coach that signed you is gone or if the school is on probabation.

Either way, the concept of a LOI is a very good one, binding both school and player. I would be very hesitant as a coach to take a kid who would not sign one, or I'd keep recruiting and let the kid know that I'll take another kid over him if the other kid is what I'm looking for and will sign a LOI.

Reaction Score
How many times has Hamilton tweeted not to worry and that he was still all UConn? At least 10 times? More? Some people posted his tweets here during the National Championship run and I'd have to say he couldn't have been that excited if he was thinking of not coming to UConn.

Exactly. Daniel's been quite clear about the firmness of his commitment. His brother Jordan tweeted the ESPN capsule about the UConn lineup for next year and how excited he was for Daniel. There's no family pressure not to come, his family is psyched for him.

He's very much a strong-willed kid - in other words, he's very much the type of UConn kid who's made our program great. He's coming, and he's going to be fantastic.

Reaction Score

The school wants the LOI because it means they know they have a kid locked up or a schollie, and 1 spot filled on the roster.
The kid wants the LOI because it means he's committed to the school and they'll be holding a spot for him.

So the question is, can a school reject a kid after he signs a LOI without having just cause?

If the concern is that a new coach won't let the kid out of the LOI, then two things need to happen - 1. new coaches need to not be so douchey, and 2. there needs to be an auto-out if the coach that signed you is gone or if the school is on probabation.

Either way, the concept of a LOI is a very good one, binding both school and player. I would be very hesitant as a coach to take a kid who would not sign one, or I'd keep recruiting and let the kid know that I'll take another kid over him if the other kid is what I'm looking for and will sign a LOI.

I have seen schools break off a letter of intent after an arrest. I don't know any other stipulations.

As for the kids trying to get out of a LOI after a coaching change, the problem is that coaches often are . #2 needs to be a given. Players commit to coaches just as often as programs...it is completely unfair.

Last, D Ham is obviously only on an aid agreement but good luck recruiting over him.

Reaction Score

Only highly ranked recruits would be able to get away with this. And I dont blame them especially after Isaac Hamiltons drama with UTEP.

Reaction Score
Can I say the following:
1. Yes it's a big deal he hasn't signed given history here.. If he was "ten toes in" he would have .. There is no disputing that... We have lost several "touted recruits" yet replacements... Bazz .. Kemba... And so on seem to work on just fine
2. Twitter seems positive but given our run how else would he be... We all know that bs or not several recruiting sites and blogs not only question but doubt he will come here..and no one here can be certain he is all in.. And that is an uneasy feeling..
3. I like this kid and would love to have him and he seems like a great young man but to be honest at this point I would be fine with us demanding He signs by a certain date or he can get lost. He should be lucky that this program wants him.. He is no Durant or Parker..
4. Frankly him not coming here after all this time and media attention would be an embarrassment and as a program at this point shouldn't be in that position. Especially given we are freaking NCAA champs!!
4. I used to read every recruiting blog 4 times a week and I realized that JC said it best. We aren't a player or a team we are a program..

So tell him to sign or go to ucla and enjoy the sweet 16 again

Reaction Score
Can I say the following:
1. Yes it's a big deal he hasn't signed given history here.. If he was "ten toes in" he would have .. There is no disputing that... We have lost several "touted recruits" yet replacements... Bazz .. Kemba... And so on seem to work on just fine
2. Twitter seems positive but given our run how else would he be... We all know that bs or not several recruiting sites and blogs not only question but doubt he will come here..and no one here can be certain he is all in.. And that is an uneasy feeling..
3. I like this kid and would love to have him and he seems like a great young man but to be honest at this point I would be fine with us demanding He signs by a certain date or he can get lost. He should be lucky that this program wants him.. He is no Durant or Parker..
4. Frankly him not coming here after all this time and media attention would be an embarrassment and as a program at this point shouldn't be in that position. Especially given we are freaking NCAA champs!!
4. I used to read every recruiting blog 4 times a week and I realized that JC said it best. We aren't a player or a team we are a program..

Thank god you have no input in recruiting.

Reaction Score
Can I say the following:

You are so far off on every single one of your bullets besides your second #4.

Reaction Score
Thank you for that informative and poignant post. I don't mind you disagreeing with me but we are both fans and lets not be so aversive.

1. Do u disagree that it's concerning he hasn't signed?
2. Do u know he is coming??
3. Have we not lost out on several big recruits only to get character players in their place who have sense in a way defined out program??
4. U think Kentucky allows their recruits to leave them up in the air??

What in my post is so demonstrative that warrants that reply

Reaction Score
bfair said:
Can I say the following:

About the only thing worth responding to here is to point out that you don't know how to count to 5.

Reaction Score
Well I hope he comes here and I wish he signed his Loi and I am convinced he won't.. Just something I heard while in Dallas that's all

Keep slurping this kid .. I won't because I'll take brimah and t Sam in two years

Reaction Score
from what i gather for a high ranked player there is almost no real reason to sign a letter of intent. For most players it's a way to signal the end of their recruiting and guarantee a spot that first year and they'll generally be compelled to sign for the safety of not being recruited over. Daniel Hamilton doesn't have to worry about that and his family has had a really bad experience with a coach punishing their kid because he signed a LOI. It is unlikely he will sign one.

Reaction Score
Well I hope he comes here and I wish he signed his Loi and I am convinced he won't.. Just something I heard while in Dallas that's all

Keep slurping this kid .. I won't because I'll take brimah and t Sam in two years
Even with a signed LOI, if he didn't want to come to UConn, he wouldn't come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom