Has any official info been released on the condition of Lou, Nika and Dorka? | The Boneyard

Has any official info been released on the condition of Lou, Nika and Dorka?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Will any or all be available for the Md. game?

Reaction Score
As far as I am concerned, no news is good news.

I’d say no news is no news. I didn’t have any expectation at all of them releasing injury information on a Saturday evening. Maybe a few hours before the game tomorrow.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I take it,then, that there is, in fact, no news.

Reaction Score
Not a chance Nika is cleared. I expect Lou and Dorka to play.
That assumes Nika was actually diagnosed with a concussion. Unless you have a link saying otherwise, there has been nothing released to say that is the case. I'm sure they screened her for one, but it seems odd that they would have concluded she suffered a concussion, yet nobody would say a word about it.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Thinking back, Nike got hit on the left jaw/temple side vs ND, and then got hit on same side of head 2x in the last game, so if not a concussion, there may be other physical things going on.

Reaction Score
They will, as usual, play it close to he vest and say little or nothing until game time.
It’s ok to theorize and offer opinions based on nothing.
That’s what the BY is for.
As long as no one pretends that their own opinion represents any official announcement.
My own observation leads me to believe that Lou will play, but not Nika or Dorka.
With a week until the next game, why not let Nika’s brain settle down?
She looked VERY woozy even if a concussion is diagnosed.
Same with Dorka.
An extra week of rest will give her a chance to practice and make sure the thumb is healed.
Nobody wants to play MD without key personnel , but a choice between one game and the health of the players….
Of course, if NM & DJ are OK to play, I will happily eat my words.

Reaction Score
There’s an article in the Hartford courant but I can’t open it to read what it says

Reaction Score
Not a chance Nika is cleared. I expect Lou and Dorka to play.
Not knowing anything more then anyone else, I'd agree, Nika not likely, Lou a maybe, Dorka a likely if just to get some action playing in a game or 2 before big east starts up, which is more important to Geno then this one game against MD!

Reaction Score
They will, as usual, play it close to he vest and say little or nothing until game time.
It’s ok to theorize and offer opinions based on nothing.
That’s what the BY is for.
As long as no one pretends that their own opinion represents any official announcement.
My own observation leads me to believe that Lou will play, but not Nika or Dorka.
With a week until the next game, why not let Nika’s brain settle down?
She looked VERY woozy even if a concussion is diagnosed.
Same with Dorka.
An extra week of rest will give her a chance to practice and make sure the thumb is healed.
Nobody wants to play MD without key personnel , but a choice between one game and the health of the players….
Of course, if NM & DJ are OK to play, I will happily eat my words.
UCONN coaches have already said with Dorka its mental, she can't hurt thumb anymore with new brace on it!
Nika needs time to rest, agreed!
Lou if she's hurting should sit also, cause this game against MD means little to nothing, what matters to Geno right now is getting healthy as possible for Big East play!

Reaction Score
UCONN coaches have already said with Dorka its mental, she can't hurt thumb anymore with new brace on it!
Lou if she's hurting should sit also, cause this game against MD means little to nothing, what matters to Geno right now is getting healthy as possible for Big East play!
Mental--That's the part of these injuries no one on the board seems to understand. The fear of re-injury, the pain, the unknown--it all adds up.

If I had to throw a serious conjecture, that would be my GUESS of Caroline and her hip.

Reaction Score
Dorka--once in the game, the mental issue becomes less and the game takes over. Depending upon the seriousness of the current state of her thumb injury. Of course, if serious, it isn't ALL Mental, is it?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If they didn’t have enough players I think the game would have been forfeited by now.
Geno will play with what he has even if it‘s just 5 players. He always wants to win, but there’s probably a corner of his mind that says “I’ve got to get Ayanna, Amari, and Ines game experience. We may need them at an important moment later in the season”.

An out of conference game early in the season isn’t an important game. And, just maybe, the Huskies will see Maryland in the post-season. There’s nothing to lose but a meaningless game by giving the freshmen and Amari playing time against a good team.

Reaction Score
I wonder what D Geno will employ with 4 players. I played in a league once and we ended with 3 on the court. I was one of the 3 and I was exhausted. We lost, in case you were wondering, but only by 10 or so.

Reaction Score
Mental--That's the part of these injuries no one on the board seems to understand. The fear of re-injury, the pain, the unknown--it all adds up.

If I had to throw a serious conjecture, that would be my GUESS of Caroline and her hip.
100% correct, I played through HS and college, then in the playgrounds and mens leagues; all very good competitive ball. I was a small but very tough player, a good point guard offensively, but always considered a hellacious defensive player at all levels I played. In my mid 50’s I fell backwards backpedaling on D, slamming my head on the court. I came back a few weeks later and was never the same, always played tentatively, always conscious to not fall. As hard as I told myself, “stop being a baby”, I never overcame it. I stopped playing pretty soon after realizing my “subconscious” fears were just not going away.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Last game today for a week which gives time for those who need it to rest and heal. Maybe silly to play Dorka today. Its only one game. Im hoping Nika and Lou are able to play and if not so be it. We have no control over that but we do have control over being healthy next Sunday against Fl St. Lets get healthy. I believe a healthy UConn team that is up to speed will be very difficult to beat

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Last game today for a week which gives time for those who need it to rest and heal. Maybe silly to play Dorka today. Its only one game. Im hoping Nika and Lou are able to play and if not so be it. We have no control over that but we do have control over being healthy next Sunday against Fl St. Lets get healthy. I believe a healthy UConn team that is up to speed will be very difficult to beat
Maybe not silly to play Dorka a little, if she can. She needs to get back into game shape and scrape off whatever rust spots have started to form

Reaction Score
Geno will play with what he has even if it‘s just 5 players. He always wants to win, but there’s probably a corner of his mind that says “I’ve got to get Ayanna, Amari, and Ines game experience. We may need them at an important moment later in the season”.

An out of conference game early in the season isn’t an important game. And, just maybe, the Huskies will see Maryland in the post-season. There’s nothing to lose but a meaningless game by giving the freshmen and Amari playing time against a good team.
I don't know if I'd call it a meaningless game. It's one more data point in how UConn will be seeded in the NCAA tournament. And UConn's prospective seeding always makes me apprehensive. The better the team's OOC record, potentially the better seeding. The NCAA has shown that it does not compensate for UConn being short-handed if they suffer a loss. I would like to see Geno make it as difficult as possible for UConn to be placed in an unfavorable bracket.

As for providing the bench with experience, it must twist Geno into internal knots to play someone who he doesn't believe is ready. Geno has never shown an inclination to give minutes to prep for the future if they haven't been earned in practice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom