Hartley | The Boneyard

Hartley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
She quelled the Kentucky momentum when she first came in. 7 minutes later her Huskies slammed the book on this chapter. Gotta keep Doty cheering from the bench.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Coming off the bench might work the best for Bria right now...keeps her hungry, lets her see the game for a few minutes before coming in.

Reaction Score
She quelled the Kentucky momentum when she first came in. 7 minutes later her Huskies slammed the book on this chapter. Gotta keep Doty cheering from the bench.
Why is it that even the announcers often talk Doty up positively and yet the smartass remarks keep on coming. For most of the season Hartley was playing poorly and was actually a weak link but I'm glad that she played well tonight and am hopeful that this is just the first stop in her returning to her previous competency level. She can play a key role in another national championship playing as she did tonight.

Reaction Score
I'm concerned about the three or four minutes at the beginning of the next game, with Kelly and Doty trying to get the ball up the court against Skylar and McBride. They struggled with Kentucky.

But Doris (and she usually does her homework) mentioned something interesting one game. She said that Bria wanted the role of instant offense off the bench after the guards had a meeting.

Which makes me think that really, Bria wanted Caroline Doty to start her last few college games.

Reaction Score
I agree, DaddyC. She does not have to hit 3's to get her old confidence back. She just has to continue to press the action the way she did tonight and her contribution will be significant. Also, her defense was awesome...as was that of the whole team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom