Hartford Post Game Thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hartford Post Game Thoughts

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Polley always has a positive effect on the team just by being out there on the court. Yet everybody wants to replace him with unproven guys constantly. It's ridiculous.

Pair Ty with Bouk, Gaff, AJacks and Whaley. That's the group until Akok comes back. However, Hurley it wont happen because Hurley is too stuck on Cole and Martin.

That's the best lineup because everyone has defined roles and fit well cohesively. In addition everyone of those is unselfish and makes the right reads most times, which helps when you have a guy like Bouk who takes a lot of shots and needs the ball.

Starting Lineup Should be : Gaff, Bouk, AJacks, Polley, and Whaley.

#FeedPolley
#UnleashAJacks
We feed Polley this team isn’t going anywhere. Need to run thru your best players.

Reaction Score
Do me a favor. When you get a chance, watch the replay from the 14:00 minute mark of the second half to the 12:30 minute mark or so. This is when UConn, having seen their lead cut from 19 to 3, and looking like scared rabbits, suddenly opened the lead back up to 10. Tell me what player was personally responsible for every single point scored in that run. And then let's talk about the eye test again.

Gaff was responsible for the turnaround in the 2nd half. Gaff leading the team with Whaley finished the game. Cole's impact was negligible. He is a good shooter, but not a real point guard.

Cole isn't anywhere near our 2nd best player, but he can do some good things as a role player.

In addition, Polley was out there when a majority of good things were happening for us in the 2nd half. That is not a coincidence.

Reaction Score
Gaff was responsible for the turnaround in the 2nd half. Gaff leading the team with Whaley finished the game. Cole's impact was negligible. He is a good shooter, but not a real point guard.

Cole isn't anywhere near our 2nd best player, but he can do some good things as a role player.

In addition, Polley was out there when a majority of good things were happening for us in the 2nd half. That is not a coincidence.
Hurley disagrees with you, he says Cole is the quarterback and the offense suffers when he is out of there like he was last night with foul trouble. He says Cole and Martin have to get 30 to 30+ minutes going forward.

Reaction Score
He was +11 in 15 minutes, 3rd highest on the team

I think that their defensive key was that we can't stop Bouk whatever we do, but we can deny Polley spot up 3s so let's do that. That let to Polley standing on the perimeter not getting opportunities, but holes elsewhere in Hartford's D. When Polley had to sit due to foul trouble, their zone played honest and we had more trouble scoring.

Polley did nothing right or wrong last night, but by not forcing it and thinking he's the star, we were better with him on the court.

Reaction Score
I think that their defensive key was that we can't stop Bouk whatever we do, but we can deny Polley spot up 3s so let's do that. That let to Polley standing on the perimeter not getting opportunities, but holes elsewhere in Hartford's D. When Polley had to sit due to foul trouble, their zone played honest and we had more trouble scoring.

Polley did nothing right or wrong last night, but by not forcing it and thinking he's the star, we were better with him on the court.
Yeah I thought he was fine last night. His game is what I wish Adams would have done once he realized he didn't have it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom