Hartford Courant hires new beat reporter for UConn women, CT Sun | The Boneyard

Hartford Courant hires new beat reporter for UConn women, CT Sun

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Question the wisdom of disclosing "a major toll". Hope she finds the gig to her liking and being home restorative.

Reaction Score
Emily Adams
@eaadams6
·
Dec 21

I grew up on Big East hoops & can’t wait to get back to my roots via one of the most prolific WBB fandoms in the country. Opportunities to cover both an elite NCAA and WNBA team are so rare, and I don’t take that for granted. See you soon CT! Hope you’re as excited as I am

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did someone leave the Courant? Or get a new assignment?

Reaction Score
The Courant is hiring somebody who is that much "In Love" with SC WBB to cover UCONN? How many resume's did they sort through?
Does seem a bit puzzling but I guess we’ll see. Best of luck to her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Courant is hiring somebody who is that much "In Love" with SC WBB to cover UCONN? How many resume's did they sort through?

Guess you missed it that she stated that being so far away from her roots, her family, friends, and partner was having a major toll on her mental health. Also stated that her heart was somewhere else and that made it hard to her best work.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Apparently, Emily is from this area, growing up as a Big East fan. She said it is a dream to cover the WNBA, so she gets a bonus to cover the Connecticut Sun as well as our beloved Huskies. I don't know what happened to Lila (I really don't recall her name), but I did notice her absence in the reporting of the team. If Emily is excited to come here, so am I. After covering SC, it should be an eye opener to cover the legacy which is UConn womens basketball. Wishing her all the luck and I look forward to reading her articles, especially from someone from outside the program, seeing how this team just perseveres from all the heartaches they have had to deal with the last 3 years.

Reaction Score
Apparently, Emily is from this area, growing up as a Big East fan. She said it is a dream to cover the WNBA, so she gets a bonus to cover the Connecticut Sun as well as our beloved Huskies. I don't know what happened to Lila (I really don't recall her name), but I did notice her absence in the reporting of the team. If Emily is excited to come here, so am I. After covering SC, it should be an eye opener to cover the legacy which is UConn womens basketball. Wishing her all the luck and I look forward to reading her articles, especially from someone from outside the program, seeing how this team just perseveres from all the heartaches they have had to deal with the last 3 years.
You're thinking of Lila Bromberg. According to her social media she works for a home health care company as of October.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Adams was one of the AP voters that ranked UConn below Louisville, after UConn soundly beat them.

Reaction Score
You need a comma after voters. That will be an admission you don't actually know how she voted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom