Hardaway agrees to become Memphis coach (per ESPN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hardaway agrees to become Memphis coach (per ESPN)

Reaction Score
He's going to get a lot of recruits from the area.

So did Josh Pastner.

Yup.. and Penny's plan with a lot of those recruits has been in play for awhile.

Really happy for the guy.. Many of these kids started with him when he started coaching a middle school team with a friend that had terminal cancer.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
and the dominos begin to fall for Memphis. Penny is gonna get a ton of talented kids. What he accomplishes with them remains to be seen

Reaction Score
I like as a hire for our opponents! We have had our run of talent and athletes w/ inexperienced coaching for young men.

Reaction Score
Penny had the best signature sneakers of any nba player ever. I hope Memphis wears only Penny sneakers.
Oh absolutely not.

011663_1.jpg

Reaction Score
The additions of Dan Hurley, Penny Hardaway, Aaron McKie, and Joe Dooley, are exciting for the conference.

Hardaway with his recruits and McKie with his college experience make them different than most former pros that make the switch. Theyre so connected in those basketball crazy cities.

Hurley and Dooley have two of the best resumes among the Head Coaches that changed jobs on the coaching carousel. Lightyears beyond the "continuity hires" we're seeing out there, like Travis Steele, Dave Cox, etc.

With the ECU hire, all of our 'call up' programs have now had staff upgrades. That's big. I like what Dunleavy and Gregory did in year 1 with recruiting and coaching. The bottom of the conference is being developed and our marquee programs are now riding the crest of these new regimes.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Looks like he also just scored Alex Lomax who had previously verbal to WSU but now committed to Memphis. 4* point guard that Florida and LSU were after.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Does he have to be on a scholarship for competitive reasons? I thought coaches kids got a full ride anyway

I don't know.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Absolutely a positive for the conference even if Hardaway ends up being a bust. The buzz alone that is being generated with all the recent coaching hires should assist recruiting for everyone in this conference.

Reaction Score
Does he have to be on a scholarship for competitive reasons? I thought coaches kids got a full ride anyway

Not many schools give children of staff a full ride. Or any break at all. Very rare. Especially public schools. And even when private schools give children of staff such a perk, they have caps/limits on the number of kids they'll take.

Reaction Score
The first recruiting shoe drops at Memphis. Alex Lomax, PG at Memphis East (the school #1 recruit for 2019 James Wiseman plays at)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom