Hard Hats... Mel Thomas era | The Boneyard

Hard Hats... Mel Thomas era

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
where are the 2 guys that wore the hard hats to the games... and Dr. Seuss bka Ted?

Reaction Score
The two guys with the MEL hardhats are still there but their hardhats say TUCK and another player I think........
Ted only goes to one game a year! He'd been sick and knees problems and missed a bunch, I saw him early last season at Gampel!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The two guys with the MEL hardhats are still there but their hardhats say TUCK and another player I think...
Ted only goes to one game a year! He'd been sick and knees problems and missed a bunch, I saw him early last season at Gampel!
thanks for the info and update

Reaction Score
The two guys with the MEL hardhats are still there but their hardhats say TUCK and another player I think...
Ted an Orange and Black Kangaroo ?? Knee problems are a (B) witch. Give him OUR best and our hopes for a speedy recovery

Mel Thomas was truly a hard hat kind of girl/player. I still have her book in my library--she never got the chance to be all she could have been--her knee too took it's toll.

Reaction Score
My buddy and I have been season tix holders since 1998 and it's funny how all of a sudden people sort of disappear off the radar! Then some time later months or even years I'll see them at a game or on a tv game!
1. I remember a short guy with long blond hair under a UCONN bandana with blue beads and a Sue Bird jersey, he went to games with his Mom!
2. An older gentleman bald on top but red hair on the sides 6'2" or 6'3" He used to run up and down the aisles whenever Ashja Jones scored a basket to lead a cheer! I saw him on tv in Toronto recently at Pan American WBB games! I see him sometimes at Gampel!
3. A short stocky guy in his 60's that had HUSKY DECALS on his cheeks always had a camera!
4. I still see HOMY, from ESPN Board, at both Gampel & XL Center games!
5. The painted Blue/White kid was there as a student but haven't seen him recently!

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
S....U.....E......SUE! lol I remember that guy. Would sit way up in the corner and and lead her chant several times a game. I was a student at that time and for $2 I went to every game I could...definitely a highlight

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
My buddy and I have been season tix holders since 1998 and it's funny how all of a sudden people sort of disappear off the radar! Then some time later months or even years I'll see them at a game or on a tv game!
1. I remember a short guy with long blond hair under a UCONN bandana with blue beads and a Sue Bird jersey, he went to games with his Mom!

I believe that was Sue Bird Fan / Birdman now known as Abel Bachelor
1071.jpg

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I saw a hard hat @ a game that said "MoJett"

Reaction Score
They are Rob and Nick. They started with the Mel at Work hard hats and change them with changing players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom