Happy Birthday to Kia Nurse | The Boneyard

Happy Birthday to Kia Nurse

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
1550866999484.png

Kia turns 23 today :) Happy birthday Kia!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sometimes you don't realize what you have until you don't have it anymore. I knew Kia was a great defender. She was as tough as nails. As tough as anyone on the Husky roster, but I didn't realize how tough she really was until she began play in the WNBA, and began to bump and grind with the BIG girls. She held her own. :eek:

It was then I really came to understand what her father meant when he said: "Kia can be a nasty piece of business". Kia held her own in every game!!! My girl!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Happy birthday, Kia. One of my all-time favorite Huskies. I loved her game, of course, but I thought her ebullient personality, her ability to articulate her thoughts, her dimply smile, and her endless use of the word "absolutely" made her one of a kind. Wish we could keep all of the special ones right at UConn. Who'd be on your list of people (not necessarily the most talented players) you wish could return and hang around for a long time? Charmers only need apply.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Happy birthday, Kia. One of my all-time favorite Huskies. I loved her game, of course, but I thought her ebullient personality, her ability to articulate her thoughts, her dimply smile, and her endless use of the word "absolutely" made her one of a kind. Wish we could keep all of the special ones right at UConn. Who'd be on your list of people (not necessarily the most talented players) you wish could return and hang around for a long time? Charmers only need apply.
I think Kia taught the "absolutely" beginning to most answers to interview questions to Lou. Lou uses that phrase quite often.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom