Happy birthday Donovan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Happy birthday Donovan

Reaction Score
Freshman in 2011. Didn't have a major yet. Playing college basketball. Took 500 3s every day after practice. I could shoot the damn rock back then... never played. Lol. My defense was not made for D2.

Touched a basketball for the one of the first times in almost 3 years yesterday and it was ugly, lol. I can still hit FTs and 3s at a solid rate and pass the ball better than just about anyone.... but I can't for the life of me dribble or finish at the rim. Lost the touch.

Reaction Score
The first sign someone doesn't partake is they call it "doing weed." ;) everyone will assume you're a narc

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was a sophomore at UConn. 1985-86. Back in the day the rules for starting elementary school were different. We went 12-16 under Dom Perno, and that was the end of ole Dom. Next season we had Jim Calhoun! And he was even worse, 9-19. Perhaps you can understand why we were so excited when we won the NIT the next year. At least the soccer team was good.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
They mentioned last night that today is his 19th birthday.

Looking back, when I was 19 I was a junior at a vocational high school, with plans of joining a long line (Canadian side of my family) of carpenters/builders.

Seeing as though I'm bored, and still haven't gotten to sleep since yesterday, what were you doing when you were 19?

Working at McDonald's, commuting to school. Thought I might be a McDonald's manager although my parents wouldn't let me quit college

They were much smarter than me

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Was a sophomore at UConn. Men's BB games in fieldhouse sitting under east basket, football games on freebie hill now the south parking garage, soccer games with no stands, "what's the color of ? Brown!" was a good cheer, ROTC beerfests, too many Rathskellar runs in student union, no meal plan on weekends so Universal Foods for groceries and cooking on 2 burner hotplate in the laundry room, Irma's food truck for cheese burg grinders, toga parties, and quite a bit of pot smoke.
Cheese burg grinders… mmmmm.

I ate way too many of these as a freshman.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
They mentioned last night that today is his 19th birthday.

Looking back, when I was 19 I was a junior at a vocational high school, with plans of joining a long line (Canadian side of my family) of carpenters/builders.

Seeing as though I'm bored, and still haven't gotten to sleep since yesterday, what were you doing when you were 19?
I worked as a greenskeeper at a golf course. Other than the low pay and having to start work at sunrise, it was the perfect job.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I turned 19 while watching us win the 2011 National Championship. Unfortunately I watched it at Eastern CT state in the dorms. I transferred to UConn that fall.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Freshman at Trinity, taking hybrid calculus 1 and 2 at 8am. That’s why I became an Economics major.

Ps. Grew up in Wethersfield when UConn men’s soccer was awesome.
Did you cross paths with Professor Scheuch?
He was the first person who ever took me to a non-UConn college athletic event, a Trinity football game, along with his son who was my classmate.

Reaction Score
Happy 19th Birthday Donovan. Good luck as a student at UConn and good luck with your basketball career. I wish you the best and hope you succeed at UConn and in your basketball careers Donovan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom