Hank Hughes | The Boneyard

Hank Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hank is a nice guy, LONG time UCONN Asst coach, and a 2 time DC at UCONN. Last night made me realize why Edsall "demoted" Hank to Asst HC of Defense in 2005 and make Todd Orlando DC! I seem to remember P saying the D scheme would be the same..even though Don Brown left for BC. That wasn't the same scheme on the field last night we have seen the past 2 seasons; that was the same scheme that got Hank a "promotion/demotion" under Edsall!

Reaction Score
Hank is a nice guy, LONG time UCONN Asst coach, and a 2 time DC at UCONN. Last night made me realize why Edsall "demoted" Hank to Asst HC of Defense in 2005 and make Todd Orlando DC! I seem to remember P saying the D scheme would be the same..even though Don Brown left for BC. That wasn't the same scheme on the field last night we have seen the past 2 seasons; that was the same scheme that got Hank a "promotion/demotion" under Edsall!
Good call on history. Forgot about that. Right on.

Reaction Score
I don't think we came close to pressuring their QB last night. An FCS team, and we could not generate any pressure. I want to see Knappe in there.

Reaction Score
That was the thing that surprised me. Our d-line is supposed to have depth, yet unless they are injured I didn't see McBride, Norris, Knappe, Battles-Santos. I just seemed to me we should have rotated more guys in and try to wear them down. No pash rush whatsoever.

Reaction Score
And maybe we are seeing how valuable Sio was and Yawin was a beneficiary of him. Smallwood was barely noticeable last night.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Norris and Battles- Santos are injured

Reaction Score
Defensive scheme was terrible last night.

No pressure AT ALL. Most plays were a basic zone, that was chewed up.

Taylor Mack was beaten multiple times (just like last year)

No contain on the outsides

This is a deep talented defense, that was coached into the toilet.

Reaction Score
Norris and Battles- Santos are injured
Oh okay, where was McBride or even Frank? It seemed that Willman and Joesph played the entire games at end and neither got any kind of push.

Reaction Score
And maybe we are seeing how valuable Sio was and Yawin was a beneficiary of him. Smallwood was barely noticeable last night.

Yawin's obvious pass interference made me shake my head. I know he's a better player than that.

Reaction Score
Forgot to mention, Donahue didnt look very good either. He and Mack seemed to be the 2 weakest links.

Joseph didn't look like himself.....but the scheme was so insanely stupid that anyone would look lousy.

Friggin 4 man rush with a slow, slouching zone in the back. Recipe for success :mad:

Reaction Score
Forgot to mention, Donahue didnt look very good either. He and Mack seemed to be the 2 weakest links.

Joseph didn't look like himself.....but the scheme was so insanely stupid that anyone would look lousy.

Friggin 4 man rush with a slow, slouching zone in the back. Recipe for success :mad:
I agree, I think we look to get the Fresh Williams in there at corner. But your right, no one looked very good so you really have to believe it was the scheme. They just looked very confused and everyone was running around trying to get to the right position.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Certain parts of D's performance were to expected after losing so many talented and experienced players. Getting manhandled by a 1-AA running game was not one of them. Nor was big drop in LB play. I thought we had more depth there.

Reaction Score
The "same scheme" bullcrap was an outright lie to the fanbase. The D had no energy, lifeless. I just got a chill thinking what Maryland is going to do to us. It's going to be ugly.

I actually liked what the offense did at times and still have hope that Weist will find a way to put up some points (can Weist fire his line coach?), but the defense looked just awful.

Reaction Score

I dunno about that, 16 tackles is nothing to frown at. Especially since the D-line clearly lost every battle. You put last year's or the Reyes D-line in front of him and that 16 tackles likely comes with like a sack, 4 tackles for loss and a forced fumble. Smallwood was nowhere near the problem last night.

Reaction Score
It looks like Taylor Mack went to the Gary Wilburn school of cornerbacking. Good God, it hurt me in my netherregions to see 5'2" Leon Kinnard manhandling him with dagger after dagger. Gotta think that kid was amped.

Reaction Score
Someone (Hank or a player) said the defense would be different just this week in a Courant article. Less pressure was the gist.

Reaction Score

I was worried about Donahue having any ability to help in pass coverage.

Reaction Score
Diggs is gonna have a career night against our secondary! He averaged 172 all purpose yards/game last year. I bet he's over 300 against us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom