Hank Hughes finally gets a clear shot as defensive coordinator | The Boneyard

Hank Hughes finally gets a clear shot as defensive coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We finally get to see what Hank Hughes can do as defensive coordinator, TJ stated he has full control.

I know he has had this position in the past, but it was always with a head coach in front of him who also had his hands on the defense.

Hank Hughes....the ball is in your court. Good Luck! and I highly recommend being aggressive. I want to see Smallwood in the backfield again, and please play the best players regardless of class or pedigree.

Reaction Score
Good point. Whether you elevated Weist or Hughes, one of them would need to slide a position coach into the vacated coordinator's slot. However, they will probably still need to devote a majority of their time with their coordinator's responsibilities.

Weist may not have the time or expertise to tinker with Hughes's game plans and calls ... and vice-versa for Hughes.

Elevating either of them to the Head Coach's position will still demand a relationship and trust between the two of them ... a very interesting situation.

Reaction Score
HH was DC here before...and was GDL demoted/promoted by Edsall. Hank isn't going to show us much we haven't seen already during his 2 times around the block.

Reaction Score
HH was DC here before...and was GDL demoted/promoted by Edsall. Hank isn't going to show us much we haven't seen already during his 2 times around the block.

When a coach has 2 full time coordinators he has an opportunity to put his stamp of approval on offensive and defensive play calling. Grumblings came out about Edsall hand cuffing Ambrose and Moorhead. When Head Coaches also assume coordinator duties they are usually more hands off to the opposite side of the ball.

Mets2323 is right. This is probably the first time that we'll see both offensive and defensive play calling without a filter.

Reaction Score
That is all well and good...and Hank may be a really great guy, but I think we are seeing the final 8 games of his UCONN coaching career.

Reaction Score

Hank was in effect demoted upstairs by Edsall when Edsall made Orlando DC and pushed Hughes upstairs to Associate Head Coach.

Reaction Score
Hank was in effect demoted upstairs by Edsall when Edsall made Orlando DC and pushed Hughes upstairs to Associate Head Coach.
Yup...I like to call it a GDL promotion/demotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom