Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 94 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

If Avery Johnson can beat Calimari for a 5 star in-state recruit in shooting guard John Petty, than we should be able to do the same with Hami especially considering the time, energy investment and history of the program.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Its over. What a truly crappy end to the year.

Reaction Score
Super visit 2 Kentucky and cal preaching his players in the NBA and the scouts who almost literally live on campus.
So basically the lesson from this is if KY (Calipari) wants a recruit then UConn shouldn't waste any valuable time or energy on that recruit even if he is in your backyard....hope not true but what else can you deduce.

Hard to get back to being a perennial top 10 program if you can't land a top 10 recruit on occasion....we have a nice class this year but it's still a hard road....need all at full strength next year.

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Calimari is visiting Hami today. Hopefully Ollie is calling or visiting as well.

John Calipari visiting Hamidou Diallo
Maybe Ollie can slash his tires. Since Diallo was just there and now Cal is coming up. He's closing the deal. What Cal wants, Cal gets. Until his tactics stop working on impressionable kids, it will continue to be that way. Can his access to our facilities be revoked now?

Last edited:

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I don't know if this has been discussed as I have no interest reading through this sh!tfest of a thread, but this is what Jerry Meyer had to say about Diallo:

"Now here is what 247Sports in hearing on Diallo: It is practically a forgone conclusion that Diallo will enroll in a college for the second semester. His desire is to play right away and not sit out.

247Sports is also hearing that Diallo is leaning towards the assumption that he needs a year and a half of college to be ready for the NBA. This belief that he is shooting for the 2018 NBA Draft is why Kentucky is surging in the Crystal Ball.

At this point, prior to a possible Arizona visit, the difference between choosing Connecticut or Kentucky primarily comes down to what year Diallo wants to enter the draft. If he wants to enter the draft in 2017, then UConn is the likely choice. If Diallo wants to wait till the 2018 draft, then Kentucky is the likely destination."

Reaction Score
This sucks if true. Want to say nice things for his future but I can't. I hope Jalen Adams drills a game winning shot over his head next year in second round of tourney (don't want UK to even sniff the title game).

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think if Duke or Kentucky are involved with a recruit, we should focus our attention elsewhere. It must cost a lot of money to recruit a kid to have it go for naught. Maybe our offer 50 kids approach is best for our program.

H

huskymagic

Its a Kentucky super mom writing about Calimari's super recruiting skills. Let's not get our panties in a twist. Then again just in case someone call Chief and BigErn to meet Calimari at the airport LOL.
Calimari basically dissed us( jack up shots) and the Cuse(2-3 zone) in that interview with Phil Knight.

Reaction Score
Crystal ball is never wrong, of course. Which is why after the last huge shift in the picks -- toward UConn -- he immediately committed here.

Agreed. The crystal ball is the worst thing ever created.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
This is awful. I feel like whining like a five year old saying "this is not fair". I really don't know how else to wrap my head around this.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this has been discussed as I have no interest reading through this sh!tfest of a thread, but this is what Jerry Meyer had to say about Diallo:

"Now here is what in hearing on Diallo: It is practically a forgone conclusion that Diallo will enroll in a college for the second semester. His desire is to play right away and not sit out.

is also hearing that Diallo is leaning towards the assumption that he needs a year and a half of college to be ready for the NBA. This belief that he is shooting for the 2018 NBA Draft is why Kentucky is surging in the Crystal Ball.

At this point, prior to a possible Arizona visit, the difference between choosing Connecticut or Kentucky primarily comes down to what year Diallo wants to enter the draft. If he wants to enter the draft in 2017, then UConn is the likely choice. If Diallo wants to wait till the 2018 draft, then Kentucky is the likely destination."

While I can't blame him if he wants to go to Kentucky, this doesn't make a ton of sense to me. If you're going to play only half a season, why do it for a team that's off the map? I've always thought that if he goes to UConn, it's going to be for a year and a half.

Reaction Score
do not kill the messenger. A top recruiting reporter told me he thinks Kentucky will squeak this one out and a higher level AAU guy I talk to said he's heard today a lot of talk about Kentucky and that him he may not even do the zona trip. Take with a grain of beach sand or salt for snow flakes or bourbon

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If he really wants to play a year and a half then Kentucky gets a huge boost in his eyes id imagine. Basically reserve your spot in a class where guys are racing each other to commit while practicing against NBA players in the meantime, hard to sell against that.

H

huskymagic

do not kill the messenger. A top recruiting reporter told me he thinks Kentucky will squeak this one out and a higher level AAU guy I talk to said he's heard today a lot of talk about Kentucky and that him he may not even do the zona trip. Take with a grain of beach sand or salt for snow flakes or bourbon

It is just as Lord Denethor had predicted! Long has he foreseen this doom. Mordor has won.

Reaction Score
I mean, can you blame him? Look at the current product we're trotting out there. Doesn't exactly look appetizing for a top-10 recruit with NBA plans. Even with the availability of minutes, the lackluster competition wont give him any hype. UK is pretty much a training camp for NBA prospects, can't blame the kid at all for this one.

Reaction Score
I think threads like these are what keeps top recruits away, just browse through the last few pages.
If that's the case then Diallo isn't going to Kentucky either -- days ago some people on their forum were saying if Diallo came to us that would be a good thing because it would open up the door for them and Knox

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Why with all of the good schools out there, do Kentucky, Duke, UNC and Kansas get a disproportionate number of top recruits? We've had 12 McDonald's All-America's in our history. Kentucky and Duke have close to that on their current roster.....Even with all that talent, these schools don't dominate national championships. We win more with less talent although our regular seasons for the past 10 years generally suck. If you're a top player, the NBA will be there regardless of where you go to school. I'll never understand why a top player would want to play on a roster filled with players as good or better than he is instead of going to a school where he can be the centerpiece and showcase his talents. Kentucky doesn't need Diallo, but we do and his family can see him play? Isn't that worth something?
I wonder is Diarra's injury is a factor too. Diallo was probably looking forward to playing with him at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Hard to get back to being a perennial top 10 program if you can't land a top 10 recruit on occasion

This. And this is why failing to land Diallo here would be so alarming. This is a perfect storm for KO being able to land a Top 10 guy. If he can't get this one, kiss goodbye the idea of getting anyone else in the future.

Reaction Score
If he wants to enter the draft in 2017, then UConn is the likely choice. If Diallo wants to wait till the 2018 draft, then Kentucky is the likely destination."

I'd rather have him than not, but if the best case scenario is having him play half a year in a lost season, that's pretty disappointing.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
This. And this is why failing to land Diallo here would be so alarming. This is a perfect storm for KO being able to land a Top 10 guy. If he can't get this one, kiss goodbye the idea of getting anyone else in the future.

Ray Allen was a top 10.

Unless you think of actual ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member