Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 74 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the sake of this fan base's mental healthy and general psyche, I really hope it's us and not UK...

The comment from Bamba is interesting. "You doing too much for me." Is there some reason Hami purposely keeping the UK option alive benefits Bamba? It seems like he already knows he is going to UConn but is dragging it out... to help Bamba somehow? Can anyone think of any reasons?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The comment from Bamba is interesting. "You doing too much for me." Is there some reason Hami purposely keeping the UK option alive benefits Bamba? It seems like he already knows he is going to UConn but is dragging it out... to help Bamba somehow? Can anyone think of any reasons?
I don't think there's too much to read into Bamba's comment.

If I was to decipher it it's more like one friend saying to another friend who are both in a busy and important period in their careers, seeing Hami making moves with OVs and saying like "bro you are doing too much for me [to keep up with]". Granted this is completely from my head and my interpretation of that message but I really don't think it was related to recruiting, just one friend commenting on another friend's hustle/grind.

Reaction Score
they are friends, its probably nothing.

Reaction Score

reading the follow-up tweets UK doesn't have an open scholarship. Zona's the threat imo, open schollies and they've also been hit hard by injuries, although I think the whole "he may take more visits" thing is just to try to keep people guessing.

Reaction Score
UK MAKES NO SENSE

Watch them play. Where are they going to fit a kid in this coming few months. It is UConn or a new Plan.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
UK MAKES NO SENSE

Watch them play. Where are they going to fit a kid in this coming few months. It is UConn or a new Plan.
That has always been an issue with UK for potential recruits, yet they still stack 2-3 deep at each position with McDonald's AAs. They don't have to follow the normal laws of recruiting.

Reaction Score
reading the follow-up tweets UK doesn't have an open scholarship. Zona's the threat imo, open schollies and they've also been hit hard by injuries, although I think the whole "he may take more visits" thing is just to try to keep people guessing.
Thought it was weird he visited Hurley n asu but didn't stop at Tuscon.

Reaction Score

If I was to decipher it it's more like one friend saying to another friend who are both in a busy and important period in their careers, seeing Hami making moves with OVs and saying like "bro you are doing too much for me [to keep up with]". Granted this is completely from my head and my interpretation of that message but I really don't think it was related to recruiting, just one friend commenting on another friend's hustle/grind.
This is how I interpreted as well, not that he was helping out Bamba just that he's moving fast with his recruitment

Reaction Score
That has always been an issue with UK for potential recruits, yet they still stack 2-3 deep at each position with McDonald's AAs. They don't have to follow the normal laws of recruiting.

You might have a different platform discussion MID-SEASON. UCONN's situation is kinda unique: lost two of our top 5 players and one of our 9-11; and a very young developing base with no senior stars; and no real dominant play from the position/role he would most likely play.

Plus ... a 2+ year courtship with his friend Mamadou already on campus and a leading through the student body.

I am not going to predict he is here beyond May.

Reaction Score
For the sake of this fan base's mental healthy and general psyche, I really hope it's us and not UK...

I really hope we get him, but, I completely understand if we don't. We needed him when Larrier went down. If he's here for one semester, he's not guaranteed an NCAA tourney game. Unfortunately, he is with UK.

Reaction Score

This is exactly how I understood the comment.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Also, it is highly unlikely he joins UK this season. UK doesn't have any scholarships and Hami has never been to Lexington. Remember when he was going to go down there in October but decided to come to UConn's first night instead? If the kid enrolls early, it will be at UConn and nowhere else. He went to Arizona (the state), and only visited ASU when U of A is one of his "top schools". This kid is a Husky.

Reaction Score
On a probably meaningless note, looks like he deleted the Instagram post where he said he was taking his official visit to UConn

On a definitely meaningless note, just noticed my favorite NBA player of all time Swaggy P follows him on Instagram

BUConn10

Reaction Score
On a probably meaningless note, looks like he deleted the Instagram post where he said he was taking his official visit to UConn

On a definitely meaningless note, just noticed my favorite NBA player of all time Swaggy P follows him on Instagram
Nick Young is your favorite NBA player of all time? Woof that's kinda sad in its own way. That's like your favorite NFL player being Richie Incognito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom