Hailey Van Lith & LB transfer predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hailey Van Lith & LB transfer predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Instagram shows you, who you both mutually follow alphabetically. And that’s why Ayanna and Azzi are listed there.
Could be, since I don't use Instagram often and don't know this feature .... thanks :p.

Reaction Score
In checking the Iowa site, as of now there are 16 players who, as of now, are on the roster= two recruits and two who might want to stay. Both of the latter would have to leave for a portal player to join.

Since Betts is leaving a top academic school, it has to be is looking to her basketball career and probably a national championship.

Let's see, what school is known as the top school for basketball, is already ranked #1 for next year and needs a center?

Reaction Score

View attachment 87170
I think she's been friendly with those players for a while now.........not sure I would take much from it.......look for a combination of coaches and players from a specific team as a clue about interest.....

Reaction Score
I would be very, very disappointed if UConn takes her because of the guards they have and the ones they have coming.
Seems unlikely at UConn but we’d love her at Tennessee!

Reaction Score
Betts is from Colorado perhaps she ends up at Utah her and Allisa would be dynamic! I hope she comes to UConn but holding my breath.

Hailey is definitely going to LSU she reminds me of a young Kim that played a Louisiana Tech but Hailey can shoot way better than Kim!

Reaction Score
Guessing Hailey Van Lith goes to LSU, she would pair up well with Mulkey in terms of personalities.
Betts will go where she can get 30 mpg, so ND.
In any ordinary time, I wouldn't mind either one of them coming here (or both), but our roster is going to be STACKED next year, playing time will be at a premium. Not saying we don't need 'em, but... we don't need 'em.
GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Why would Hailey Van Lith come (or be wanted to come) to UConn? I don’t get it. She’s not a need and is not some all world player who is going to start over Azzi or Paige. I’m not putting her down but come on, she’s just not a need for us! I think we’re better off standing pat and getting Strong, Koval and/or Tac. As for Betts, I don’t think we are favored by Mom and that likely ends it.

Reaction Score
LB = UCLA first choice. She stays on the
West coast and has all the playing
time she wants on an improving
team.
Notre Dame second choice. Lots
of playing time on a top team.
Plays under a coach that her
mother approves of.
UConn third choice. Lots of playing
time possible but not assured.
Could maximize NIL at the
traveling "circus".
Best chance (imo) for a national
championship (quite possibly
multiples)
Hailey Van Lith = LSU - That's were the attention is,
at the moment.

Reaction Score

View attachment 87170
This is what I get and I don't see anyone from UConn on her list.
NewPicture350.jpg

Reaction Score
LB = UCLA first choice. She stays on the
West coast and has all the playing
time she wants on an improving
team.
Notre Dame second choice. Lots
of playing time on a top team.
Plays under a coach that her
mother approves of.
UConn third choice. Lots of playing
time possible but not assured.
Could maximize NIL at the
traveling "circus".
Best chance (imo) for a national
championship (quite possibly
multiples)
Hailey Van Lith = LSU - That's were the attention is,
at the moment.
Good analysis. One thing you described fairly is that Betts has the possibility of lots of playing time, but not assured. Taking that point further she could easily get 30 minutes a game here too. The question would be who is the best choice at C, Lauren, Ice or Jana?

Lauren is the highest rated out of HS, number 1 in her class, just like Paige and Azzi, she has one year of experience in a top program the other two don't have, and her per minute numbers when she played were outstanding, and at a level that would be very unlikely for Ice or Jana to achieve in their first year. In addition, her experience at Stanford included playing against Brinks and lots of other very good bigs in practice.

My point is if she did come here, she would be the heavy favorite to start, despite her competition being highly rated themselves. If she does start, 30 minutes is then more probable than possible given Geno's tendencies for short rotations. In that scenario Ice and Jana would be fighting for the backup minutes and the loser probably wouldn't get more than mop up minutes unless they were used some at the 4.

I agree that big minutes are pretty much guaranteed at a couple of the other top choices, and I will go a little further than your point that it is possible here as well to say it is actually probable here. Not certain but she would be the clear favorite to start and if she achieves that, the NIL and championship points you mention are advantages for us vs. the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom