Hailey Van Lith & LB transfer predictions | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hailey Van Lith & LB transfer predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What has you thinking Morrow would go to Indiana? I'm not sure if she'd fit their style of play from what I've seen over the years.
Aside from that, McKenzie Holmes is returning next year. IN would have 2 excellent low post scorers, when they would only need one at a time.

Reaction Score
Aside from that, McKenzie Holmes is returning next year. IN would have 2 excellent low post scorers, when they would only need one at a time.

Does Morrow really play in the post though? She seems to be everywhere on the court. I could envision a high-low scenario, but Morrow is used to taking a lot of shots. That habit would need to be broken when you have Parrish, Scalia, Garzon, etc. on the floor.

Reaction Score
In today’s world of big time college sports I would add a C to your post which would be from the athlete’s point of view- ” how does it meet my expectations for NIL endorsements? JMO

When it comes to NIL, I think it's important to point out that a small percentage of D1 NCAAW players will make the dollars someone like Morrow could possibly make.

Per Raoul's website, majority of the players transferring out are leaving non-P5 programs (345 out of 494). While looking to make NIL deals is good to consider, we shouldn't assume that this is the driving factor for majority of these players.

Reaction Score
What has you thinking Morrow would go to Indiana? I'm not sure if she'd fit their style of play from what I've seen over the years.
Perhaps.... Indiania would like a double-double machine.... and Aneesha would prefer
to be (relatively) close to her hometown of Chicago. I thought that was one of her
reasons for committing to De Paul.

Reaction Score
Injuries can happen!!! and having two different styles of individual playing may be
a good offensive variation. Also Mckenzie can teach Aneesha some old time
Maine cooking and vice versa about Chicago cuisine. Small town, big city girl.

Reaction Score
Perhaps.... Indiania would like a double-double machine.... and Aneesha would prefer
to be (relatively) close to her hometown of Chicago. I thought that was one of her
reasons for committing to De Paul.

I get the proximity factor. Indiana already has a double double machine in Holmes. Garzon and Parrish can score and do hunt down rebounds, Indiana has several double double options as it is. Their freshman forward has good potential as well.

Based on her play, I can't envision her in their offence unless she changes her style. She doesn't exactly replace what Indiana loses in Berger being drafted. If she lands there and it works, awesome. She's a great player. Seeing her on a roster where it best suits her strengths is all I want to see.

Reaction Score
When it comes to NIL, I think it's important to point out that a small percentage of D1 NCAAW players will make the dollars someone like Morrow could possibly make.

Per Raoul's website, majority of the players transferring out are leaving non-P5 programs (345 out of 494). While looking to make NIL deals is good to consider, we shouldn't assume that this is the driving factor for majority of these players.

The driving factor is usually playing time, which in many cases can be exacerbated by homesickness, chemistry problems with teammates, and at times encouragement from the coach. I didn’t say NIL was THE driving factor, nor did I diminish your A & B factors, but not all NIL deals are disclosed, & all other things being equal I do know many transfers ask about potential income from working camps, appearances, and anything else that might be available. If there are several schools interested and the academic factors, coaching, and comfort level are somewhat equal, NIL possibilities may then become a driving factor. JMO

Reaction Score
The driving factor is usually playing time, which in many cases can be exacerbated by homesickness, chemistry problems with teammates, and at times encouragement from the coach. I didn’t say NIL was THE driving factor, nor did I diminish your A & B factors, but not all NIL deals are disclosed, & all other things being equal I do know many transfers ask about potential income from working camps, appearances, and anything else that might be available. If there are several schools interested and the academic factors, coaching, and comfort level are somewhat equal, NIL possibilities may then become a driving factor. JMO

No you didn't say it was. I was piggy-backing off of it to expand on the NIL point.

There are those who assume that NIL is a large reason for why players make the move, when in reality it likely isn't. Similar to professional leagues where a small portion of the players make the large contracts. It sometimes feels that players get lumped into the same category when they shouldn't.

Leveraging what you can out of a scholarship, be it Cost of Attendance, NIL, coaching camps, internships, etc., they should do that for sure. Every little bit helps.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Does Morrow really play in the post though? She seems to be everywhere on the court. I could envision a high-low scenario, but Morrow is used to taking a lot of shots. That habit would need to be broken when you have Parrish, Scalia, Garzon, etc. on the floor.
If I was defending Morrow, I would love to see her take all the outside shots she wanted to. She’s a beast in the post, and just average everywhere else.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Injuries can happen!!! and having two different styles of individual playing may be
a good offensive variation. Also Mckenzie can teach Aneesha some old time
Maine cooking and vice versa about Chicago cuisine. Small town, big city girl.
They’re both starters and have been the stars on their respective teams. Neither one is going to be interested in coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
Umm.. not to be a stalker or anything..lol.. but Hailey Van Lith just posted an insta story, and she is in Indianapolis, Indiana.....

Reaction Score
They’re both starters and have been the stars on their respective teams. Neither one is going to be interested in coming off the bench.
I defer to the " oldude". As a Maniac, I am a big McK Holmes fan!

Reaction Score
Next year will be crowded for anyone coming in and wanting to make a name for themselves but the year after that might be different. AE will be gone as will Paige and Nika so playing time opens up so does her chance of leading the team to a championship. The challenge for UCONN in my opinion is she will be light years from home and I think she has too many decent options closer to home.

Reaction Score
I mean the TWO who are coming off significant injuries and have much to prove, and as I said I hope they do. We are not talking about past performance, we are talking about future. Agree it is not the dark ages of medicine, but when players are coming back from multiple injuries, the odds are a little longer. I just struggle to understand why some UConn fans have to proclaim our greatness, and in absolute terms, BEFORE the games are played. Not sure why we can’t just enjoy the ride. These
players have enough pressure already!
Not sure how a bunch of old geezers predicting glorious things for their team translates to pressure for anyone, let alone a group of elite athletes who have all (or virtually all) played for years and years in all kinds of pressurized situations ranging from one on ones and horse vs their best friends to, club, local, regional, state, and national championship games and in some cases, playing on the national team!
Somehow, I think they can manage to shoulder the awesome responsibility that is being foisted on them by the demanding and unfeeling denizens of the Boneyard without collapsing into a quivering bowl of jello!
This is part of the ride for them (the fans) and goes on (to varying degrees) at every school in the country! It is part of what makes collegiate sports so great!
Furthermore, I’d be willing to bet that the almost universal reaction to fans expectation/adoration is one or more of the following; don’t know/don’t care, amusement, gratitude, and/or pride that they are part of a team that is admired and adored by thousands and thousands of fans who are wishing them nothing but success!

Reaction Score
Next year will be crowded for anyone coming in and wanting to make a name for themselves but the year after that might be different. AE will be gone as will Paige and Nika so playing time opens up so does her chance of leading the team to a championship. The challenge for UCONN in my opinion is she will be light years from home and I think she has too many decent options closer to home.
Perhaps gone! I’d be willing to bet a substantial amount that at least one of those players will suit up the following year as well.

Reaction Score
If everyone is healthy.... And no one can count on that based on recent history. The top transfers would have a very good chance of playing a lot of minutes if they work hard.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Folks if Betts didnt play alot of minutes at Stanford what makes you think she will play alot of minutes at UConn? She didnt gain any experience playing at Stanford. Theres a reason for that? Dont forget Brink was in foul trouble alot and Betts wasnt called on to replace her. If Betts goes to any team will she get significant minutes? If she came to UConn who would leave and who considering coming to UConn would go elsewhere. Just that reason alone...losing current roster players and recruits coming in I would say no. If she didnt play at Stanford shes not playing at UConn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Folks if Betts didnt play alot of minutes at Stanford what makes you think she will play alot of minutes at UConn? She didnt gain any experience playing at Stanford. Theres a reason for that? Dont forget Brink was in foul trouble alot and Betts wasnt called on to replace her. If Betts goes to any team will she get significant minutes? If she came to UConn who would leave and who considering coming to UConn would go elsewhere. Just that reason alone...losing current roster players and recruits coming in I would say no. If she didnt play at Stanford shes not playing at UConn.
Tony, as I mentioned in another thread, Betts did play “prime time” minutes as Brink’s backup, particularly when she was in foul trouble, and had better per 40 minute stats than Brink in limited minutes.

While there is certainly room for improvement, Betts has a well developed low post game and she’s an excellent rim protector. The best thing about Betts is that she still has 3 years of eligibility left and would develop significantly under UConn’s staff.

Reaction Score
Tony, as I mentioned in another thread, Betts did play “prime time” minutes as Brink’s backup, particularly when she was in foul trouble, and had better per 40 minute stats than Brink in limited minutes.

While there is certainly room for improvement, Betts has a well developed low post game and she’s an excellent rim protector. The best thing about Betts is that she still has 3 years of eligibility left and would develop significantly under UConn’s staff.
My thought on reading these two posts was/is: there are numbers/stats and there is team chemistry / psyche.
It takes a genius to figure it out... Hello, Geno!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom