Guess who tonight's ESPN trio of announcers are | The Boneyard

Guess who tonight's ESPN trio of announcers are

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yup, #50, Kara and Adam Amin

Personally I enjoyed Eric Frede and Christy Thomaskutty doing yesterday's game. I don't think I had ever heard Christy before.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sad but true. I just listened to the third quarter of the USF-UCF game on ESPNU. It's no elaboration to say that Adam is completely incapable of calling a basketball game. He's more like a third analyst. It was just more of the same juvenile banter with Rebecca and Kara.
Head bang

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I thought that Eric Frede and Christy Thomaskutty did an excellent job last night, mixing in side notes without intruding on the play by play. This is rather disappointing.
Gotta agree with you, I was editing my original post as you were posting yours.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Personally I enjoyed Eric Frede and Christy Thomaskutty doing yesterday's game. I don't think I had ever heard Christy before.
Christy was okay, a little low energy. I'd rather have had Patterson with Frede. I love their chemistry.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Christy was okay, a little low energy. I'd rather have had Patterson with Frede. I love their chemistry.
I agree but as far as ESPN Announcers go, I enjoyed this pairing.

Reaction Score

Me too. And the crew the other day with Mike Thibault was great too.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
They are all wearing some shade of blue

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hard to believe how bad the trio was tonight. I don't like all the b*tching about crews and members of crews, but they hit a new low in sports broadcasting.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Part of the problem is the yakety yak blah blah blah ESPN "culture" - gotta believe they are being encouraged to blabber on and on about Red Rover or whatever else comes to mind by their producers or others in charge.

For those of us who actually care about the game and who the last foul was on, or who just entered the game, it is aggravating and distracting. It is also disappointing in that we hold Lobo and to some extent Lawson in high esteem and know, or at least suspect, they are capable of much better. It's just a mess.

Eric Frede is excellent and much better than Amin, who is clearly in the wrong profession. Three is one too many and contributes to the nonsense.

Celtics announcer Mike Gorman did UConn games for CPTV back in the mid nineties. Watch a Celtic game if you want to see and hear how well a game can be called. For color, Hubie Brown on NBA telecasts.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I don't mind Lobo/Lawson/Amin compared to the Burke/O'Brien crews of the past, honestly. At least there is some humor with this group. Rather that just Doris hammering on ESPN talking points.

It's frustrating how much better RSN announcing crews are than ESPN's groups, as they just focus on the game for the most part.

Lawson and Lobo are both great in two-man booths as color analysts with a play-by-play person. I always enjoy Lobo and Ryan Roucco on WNBA games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Okay... I have to admit, I don't care for Adam at alllllll... He's trying way to hard... It's almost painful... I still love Rebecca and Kara together. But Adam's gotta go...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom