Griner, Diggins and EDD at ESPN | The Boneyard

Griner, Diggins and EDD at ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I knew it was on but couldn't break away to listen. Thanks for posting. I did read that BG has stated that offensive rebounding is going to be a major focus this year. Can I say it? IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!
OK...now I feel better.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Are these three the best to ever come out in the same year? How would you compare them to Bird, Jones and Cash?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
No. Diggins and EDD are not on the same level as Griner, IMO. I don't think either will be fixtures in the pros and national teams, etc.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Are these three the best to ever come out in the same year? How would you compare them to Bird, Jones and Cash?
Bird. Cash, and Dales were the first 3 picks. Washington picked Dales 3rd and Jones 4th. Their decision-making has been poor for a decade.

Sue, Swin, and Asjha have 6 Olympic gold medals and 5 WNBA titles. They have set the bar high.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bird. Cash, and Dales were the first 3 picks. Washington picked Dales 3rd and Jones 4th. Their decision-making has been poor for a decade.

Sue, Swin, and Asjha have 6 Olympic gold medals and 5 WNBA titles. They have set the bar high.
Washington has consistently made the worst decisions of any WNBA franchise.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
TRest: No. Diggins and EDD are not on the same level as Griner, IMO. I don't think either will be fixtures in the pros and national teams, etc.

Strongly disagree, Both have shown their mettle in International play, Diggins recently and EDD is one of the greatest scoring machines of all time, think Pistol Pete.

Reaction Score
TRest: No. Diggins and EDD are not on the same level as Griner, IMO. I don't think either will be fixtures in the pros and national teams, etc.

Strongly disagree, Both have shown their mettle in International play, Diggins recently and EDD is one of the greatest scoring machines of all time, think Pistol Pete.
Agree with you. Griner will make first team WNBA many years and the other two first or second team WNBA multi-years.

Reaction Score

Something to consider, for sure. It will be a few years before a full evaluation can be rendered.
I like the class that came out in 2004 considering that it has players still performing well in the WNBA, a couple of Olympians, a player that denied Diana Taurasi a second Wade Trophy, and the player that denied Ms Taurasi Big East Freshman of the Year honors. A solidly competitive franchise could be built from the Class of 2004.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just the bulky sweats, but Griner looks like she spent her summer in the weight room. Getting closer to the LeBron look.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maybe it's just the bulky sweats, but Griner looks like she spent her summer in the weight room. Getting closer to the LeBron look.

I either heard or read the same thing in a recent interview. The change has been noted by others as well. She's going to be tougher than ever this year.

I still think we have the horses to knock off Baylor at least once this year, tho...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I either heard or read the same thing in a recent interview. The change has been noted by others as well. She's going to be tougher than ever this year.

I still think we have the horses to knock off Baylor at least once this year, tho...

Word is that she has really been hitting the weights over the summer. Mayber her time with team USA motivated her to bulk up a bit since she knows that it will be required in the WNBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom