Greg Swaim still seems confident we will get a spot somewhere | The Boneyard

Greg Swaim still seems confident we will get a spot somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who cares. I mean seriously. I am supposed to be grateful we MAY get an invite in the future when 2 more teams leave after this public humiliation? F' Them. They'd invite USF over us if they lost another team. I truly believe that. This thing officially ends tomorrow. After that who gives a damn.

Reaction Score
I think it will happen fast. They need to get things worked out quickly for two reasons. First, the longer the ACC exit fee is in place, the harder it will be for teams to leave. So the Big Ten, SEC, and Big 12 need to raid soon. Second, the BCS meetings are going on now and they need to get it worked out for the new BCS setup.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That Guy of UConn thing is your Twitter account?

Reaction Score
Who is Greg Swaim and why should I give a damn what he has to say?

Reaction Score
I heard UConn is hearing from the Big 12 so WVU can save on travel miles.

Also heard Texas has 3 million alumni located in Southern New England, good for the LHN.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There aren't a lot of things that we know but the following is reasonable:

1 - At some future point there will be four major conferences

2 - The B1G & SEC (due to their strength & stability) and the PAC (due primarily to location) will be among the four Whoever can remain from the B-12 & ACC will be #4

3 - Whichever chain is easier to break (ACC's $50+ mm; B-12's GOR) will help determine the final outcome.

Things we can take educated guesses on:

1 - Regardless of conference affiliation, Texas & Oklahoma will absolutely have a seat at the big boys table. It is highly likely that another couple of current B-12 schools and a few ACC schools (FSU absolutely) will be in the same boat. Everyone else is up in the air.

2 - If the ACC adds Louisville, they are losing someone, perhaps a few members.

I personally do not believe that UVA will be a part of a conference with the likes of Louisville. Anyone who truly understands the culture of this Jeffersonian university will understand this. If UL is added to the ACC, it is a sign that UVA is headed to the B1G. This means that the B1G will either also add UNC (if they can get out), Kansas (if the B1G wants to set in motion the demise of the B-12) or UConn. Any of those outcomes helps us with the B1G being by far the best.

If the B1G takes Kansas, the B-12 loses Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma & Oklahoma St as the P-12 moves to 16. The SEC will then take their pick (Va Tech & whoever) to complete their move to sixteen. The scramble among the remaining B-12 & ACC schools will llok like the bargain rack on black Friday.

Reaction Score
Personally I never want to be a part of the ACC now that it's insulted us twice. The first time I could understand because they were pissed about the lawsuit, but now? F em.

Rather go down with the Big East ship than be an ACC invite only when they're desperate and collapsing.

the ACC.

Reaction Score
Having a crap month personality and now i wake up to this. Like winning a free round trip on the Titanic.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
In other news, CR people are tweeting about UConn because they know they can get more followers from a hurt fanbase.

Reaction Score
Today is all about unfollowing. I have no desire to have that crap in my timeline now.

Reaction Score
I heard UConn is hearing from the Big 12 so WVU can save on travel miles.

Also heard Texas has 3 million alumni located in Southern New England, good for the LHN.

Big12 seems like UConn's only hope at this point.
USF was isolated in the Big East and did fine, and the NNNNNBE has trips to Texas and Louisiana anyway, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad travelwise...

Reaction Score
They just got what they wanted, I thought?

They didn't want LV. They wanted LV over us, but they don't really care about LV. They wanted to show Tobacco Road that they should have more power than they've had, and they wanted to show their fans that they knew it was all about football.

But don't think that the people making the decisions at the football tier don't know that, even as an expansion team, we won 4 out of 8 against Johnny Unitas's old team.

Reaction Score
There aren't a lot of things that we know but the following is reasonable:

1 - At some future point there will be four major conferences

2 - The B1G & SEC (due to their strength & stability) and the PAC (due primarily to location) will be among the four Whoever can remain from the B-12 & ACC will be #4

3 - Whichever chain is easier to break (ACC's $50+ mm; B-12's GOR) will help determine the final outcome.

Things we can take educated guesses on:

1 - Regardless of conference affiliation, Texas & Oklahoma will absolutely have a seat at the big boys table. It is highly likely that another couple of current B-12 schools and a few ACC schools (FSU absolutely) will be in the same boat. Everyone else is up in the air.

2 - If the ACC adds Louisville, they are losing someone, perhaps a few members.

I personally do not believe that UVA will be a part of a conference with the likes of Louisville. Anyone who truly understands the culture of this Jeffersonian university will understand this. If UL is added to the ACC, it is a sign that UVA is headed to the B1G. This means that the B1G will either also add UNC (if they can get out), Kansas (if the B1G wants to set in motion the demise of the B-12) or UConn. Any of those outcomes helps us with the B1G being by far the best.

If the B1G takes Kansas, the B-12 loses Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma & Oklahoma St as the P-12 moves to 16. The SEC will then take their pick (Va Tech & whoever) to complete their move to sixteen. The scramble among the remaining B-12 & ACC schools will llok like the bargain rack on black Friday.

Not sure any of this is true. I don't think 4 conferences is inevitable. It's possible, but hardly the only model. I do agree that Texas and Oklahoma will be taken care of, but that's a no brainer. After them, the best of the remaining ACC/Big 12 schools would come from the ACC. And not sure why Louisville triggers anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom