OT: - great voices | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: great voices

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This is a band I discovered about a year ago. Unfortunately this lead singer had quit the music industry several years earlier to teach full time.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Ronnie James Dio actually started out as a crooner in the early 60's. He discovered Deep Purple and began to veer toward hard rock. His band opened for Deep Purple and soon after Ritchie Blackmore and Dio formed Rainbow.

Reaction Score

I am a devotee of many artists, including the great Joan Baez. This is a brief poem from her Baptism album.

Reaction Score
My brother turned me on to Eva Cassidy and her version of this song .... became the number one song in England years after her death at the age of 33 from cancer when it was introduced to a local London DJ who decided to give it some air time based on a recommendation by a friend .... I tried to drop it here to play but couldn't ... her version of "Over The Rainbow" is simply magical and bewitching ... maybe someone could do it for me ... THANKS

Reaction Score
My brother turned me on to Eva Cassidy and her version of this song .... became the number one song in England years after her death at the age of 33 from cancer when it was introduced to a local London DJ who decided to give it some air time based on a recommendation by a friend .... I tried to drop it here to play but couldn't ... her version of "Over The Rainbow" is simply magical and bewitching ... maybe someone could do it for me ... THANKS
Here you go. And, you're right. It's beautiful.

Reaction Score
Here's one for Bigboote, who may be the only one who remembers her and her 5 octave voice. I still have 3 of her albums, but I have to search deep in the archives to find them. It's only a minute and a half long, but you'll get the idea.

Reaction Score
Another technically challenged old guy (me), but Jay Black of Jay and the Americans had my favorite voice of all time - "Come a little bit closer," "Cara Mia," "Some Enchanted Evening," the list goes on and on. And the lead singer from the Vogues was no slouch, either.

Reaction Score
Another technically challenged old guy (me), but Jay Black of Jay and the Americans had my favorite voice of all time - "Come a little bit closer," "Cara Mia," "Some Enchanted Evening," the list goes on and on. And the lead singer from the Vogues was no slouch, either.
I'm with ya! I posted Jay Black back on #23.
I never noticed the similarities between Jay and the Vogues until I went looking to find this one to post.
5 O'Clock World from The Vogues

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Jesse Colin Young is most known for his hit single with the Youngbloods, GET TOGETHER. However, a dorm mate at UConn introduced me to this album from 1964. This 11-track acoustic-guitar-and-vocal debut album. Young proved to be an adept guitarist conversant with all the basic fingerpicking folk patterns, and to have an expressive, elastic tenor voice with just a touch of graininess to keep him from sounding too smooth.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's one for Bigboote, who may be the only one who remembers her and her 5 octave voice. I still have 3 of her albums, but I have to search deep in the archives to find them. It's only a minute and a half long, but you'll get the idea.

You got me there -- never heard of her. This is why I post threads like this. I love to be clued into stuff like this, although this one really isn't my cuppa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom