Great stuff from KML.... | The Boneyard

Great stuff from KML....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
....in one of Nan's links this a.m. (from News8 wtnh.com):

Mosqueda-Lewis has seen a change in her mentality in the last week of practice. The more that Auriemma asks, the more she's starting to believe.

"Before it was just like alright well, I can get our team there but I dunno if I'm gonna be the one to finish it. Now it's just like if I'm gonna get us there, I'm hopefully gonna help us finish it," said Mosqueda-Lewis.

Historically, the Huskies have usually had a finisher. Diana Taurasi and Maya Moore wanted the ball in the clutch. Mosqueda-Lewis is working on it.

"I watched the video tape of highlights of Maya and highlights of Diana and they're flat out winners. They want the ball every single time when a big shot is needed, they make plays whenever their team is down. Definitely players you wanna emulate," said Mosqueda-Lewis.

Reaction Score
Sounds like there's a story behind the highlights tapes of Maya and Diana. Maybe the coaches put it together for KML and whoever else?

Hmm, I'd like to see that tape myself.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Wow what a terrific idea watching them. Now get Maya and DT to practice?????????? KML and Breanna are going to be tremendous before they leave UConn. Maybe we'll see some of that this weekend

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
....in one of Nan's links this a.m. (from News8 wtnh.com):

Mosqueda-Lewis has seen a change in her mentality in the last week of practice. The more that Auriemma asks, the more she's starting to believe.

"Before it was just like alright well, I can get our team there but I dunno if I'm gonna be the one to finish it. Now it's just like if I'm gonna get us there, I'm hopefully gonna help us finish it," said Mosqueda-Lewis.

Historically, the Huskies have usually had a finisher. Diana Taurasi and Maya Moore wanted the ball in the clutch. Mosqueda-Lewis is working on it.

"I watched the video tape of highlights of Maya and highlights of Diana and they're flat out winners. They want the ball every single time when a big shot is needed, they make plays whenever their team is down. Definitely players you wanna emulate," said Mosqueda-Lewis.

Well, D and MM did not make plays whenever the team was down. They often did, but also had their share of failures. The really important thing about them is that they were willing to fail. ... So, they were not afraid to try to succeed. Thus, with their talent, they often did amazing things.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Wow what a terrific idea watching them. Now get Maya and DT to practice?????????? KML and Breanna are going to be tremendous before they leave UConn. Maybe we'll see some of that this weekend

I like that idea. You know how Geno likes to put the team in 'impossible' situations?

Have our best 5 go against Tina, Maya, Dee, and two of the better male practice players. Then tell our guys to get an offensive rebound ;)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Well, D and MM did not make plays whenever the team was down. They often did, but also had their share of failures. The really important thing about them is that they were willing to fail. ... So, they were not afraid to try to succeed. Thus, with their talent, they often did amazing things.

Post more Paco.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well, D and MM did not make plays whenever the team was down. They often always did, but also and had their share of no failures.

Ahh, the magic of putting together edited video highlights for KML's consumption.......:D

HGN

Reaction Score
KML came back physically ready this year...........Now I think the coaching staff is working on the mental part of being ready. And I think she's beginning to buy-in. And that spells trouble to whoever UConn plays.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Glad to see that they are practicing late-game situations. They need to do that every day until April 9.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
3rdbass I still dont believe the effect is the same when "practicing" against teammates.

there's no trash-talking, slinging down to the floor, jersey of the opposing team staring you in the face etc.

the real deal cant be simulated in my opinion... but I guess you can try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy