OT: - Great new series on Amazon prime | The Boneyard

OT: Great new series on Amazon prime

Reaction Score
I'm binging the new series Sneaky Pete, created by and co-starring the great Bryan Cranston. And with the equally great Margo Martindale (of Justified fame--also a tremendous series). Lots of unusual but believable low life characters, intricate plots, and just enough violence.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Binge next "Westworld". I'm not the first to recognize the show's emphasis and exploration of the meaning and differences between existentialism, nihilism and absurdism. From the beginning it made it clear it was going to explore the meaning of the bicameral mind and the 10th episode was not surprisingly named "The Bicameral Mind". Although occasionally meandering, fascinating and engrossing stuff.

Reaction Score
Binge next "Westworld". I'm not the first to recognize the show's emphasis and exploration of the meaning and differences between existentialism, nihilism and absurdism. From the beginning it made it clear it was going to explore the meaning of the bicameral mind and the 10th episode was not surprisingly named "The Bicameral Mind". Although occasionally meandering, fascinating and engrossing stuff.
Tried it with my kids (who had already seen it once) but lost interest (too?) quickly. If it explores the bicameral mind, I will definitely give it another go. Remains one of the most provocative explanations of the spirit and the growth of reason. Thanks Jordy!
41Exv1EHRmL._SX367_BO1,204,203,200_.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm binging the new series Sneaky Pete, created by and co-starring the great Bryan Cranston. And with the equally great Margo Martindale (of Justified fame--also a tremendous series). Lots of unusual but believable low life characters, intricate plots, and just enough violence.
I just finished it. It is great.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Tried it with my kids (who had already seen it once) but lost interest (too?) quickly. If it explores the bicameral mind, I will definitely give it another go. Remains one of the most provocative explanations of the spirit and the growth of reason. Thanks Jordy!
View attachment 18815
It does meander. Give it a chance, and note my avatar.

JordyG

Reaction Score
And here everyone thought that was you looking all thoughtful in between posts.
No man. That's the Westworld character contemplating the difference between dream and reality; between human and humane; between the minds division in what is spoken and what listens and obeys; between the conscious mind and the natural mind; between past and present; between organization and society. Now please, turn your head and cough.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just started it last night. Watched the first two episodes. Seems pretty good so far.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Thanks for the recommendation. So far so engaging!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom