Great Atmosphere Tonight | The Boneyard

Great Atmosphere Tonight

Reaction Score
Sounded like great crowd until Providence took large lead,

Donny mentioned on the telecast that 10 or so former players were there. Any idea who they were?

Reaction Score

Donny mentioned on the telecast that 10 or so former players were there. Any idea who they were?
Facey, Foxen, Freeman were there. They announced someone else but I didn’t hear who it was and couldn’t recognize him.

Reaction Score
Facey, Foxen, Freeman were there. They announced someone else but I didn’t hear who it was and couldn’t recognize him.
Thanks. Honestly, I wouldn’t recognize Facey or Foxen if I saw them in crowd.

Reaction Score
John Gywnn, Ed Nelson, and I think I saw Murray Williams. Calhoun was there as well.
Yes, Donny mentioned Calhoun being 5 rows behind Danny and the bench and that is when he mentioned the former players. He also thanked Calhoun for all he did for Donny and others. He said Calhoun was true North since you always knew where you stood and what he expected. Much love and respect from Donny.

CV1

Reaction Score

I was a little disappointed with the crowd. They really only got fired up with less than 10 to go. In the first half, the crowd got loud and we pulled to within 1 point. At one point Hurley asked for the crowd to stand up and they didn’t and he waved them off and slapped the table. I don’t blme him. Without Sanogo, we needed our 6th man on the floor today and just needed a little more a little earlier from the crowd.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The crowd wanted to be in it so bad. Every time we had a big chance the team messed it up.

They couldn't finish a great defense stop with a basket or vice versa.

Almost seemed like our team was more rattled by the crowd than PC.

Said it many times before. They need to bring in a psychologist or something. I've never seen a team have this many mental boogymen.

We missed way too many WIDE OPEN shots.

Reaction Score
I was a little disappointed with the crowd. They really only got fired up with less than 10 to go. In the first half, the crowd got loud and we pulled to within 1 point. At one point Hurley asked for the crowd to stand up and they didn’t and he waved them off and slapped the table. I don’t blme him. Without Sanogo, we needed our 6th man on the floor today and just needed a little more a little earlier from the crowd.
I agree with this. I am spoiled because I went to UConn between '03 and '11, but that is the standard against which I judge crowds now. Tonight was rocking at the end for sure, but there was too much thumb sitting prior to the late run.

On a related note, for the love of god can we get the student section jumping in unison when the place is in a frenzy and the music is blasting?! It looks so cool and it's not any additional energy expenditure. Might need an assist from the DJ and House of Pain. The rest of the crowd might even join in!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The crowd was fantastic. There was a buzz from the start. It led the team, not vice versa. If only the team drained a shot or made a stop when the fans were cranked up. Still, they got it going again with even a glimmer of hope. Those that say otherwise are just not righteous.

Reaction Score
I mean- we were legitimately terrible. You cannot blame the crowd lmao

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The crowd wanted to be in it so bad. Every time we had a big chance the team messed it up.

They couldn't finish a great defense stop with a basket or vice versa.

Almost seemed like our team was more rattled by the crowd than PC.

Said it many times before. They need to bring in a psychologist or something. I've never seen a team have this many mental boogymen.

We missed way too many WIDE OPEN shots.
I'm convinced it's mental also.

This is what a team with no alpha dog looks like. A bunch of talented guys who all want to defer.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
If Polley made that 3, the roof would have came off.
There were 2 spots where if he hit a 3, the place would have lost it. But yes, if he put us up 1 there, the building would have collapsed.

My crew/section stood the whole game. I thought the crowd was great. Some of these folks are getting their training wheels off again - they haven’t had big time hoops for years now. I’ll give them a pass for not being as loud as possible. Man that was fun though.

Reaction Score
Went with my wife, who knows nothing about basketball….she may have said it best when she said it looks like they’re playing hot potato. Otherwise we had a great time…I was getting slightly teary eyed during the pregame festivities. Any AAC games that we attended just didn’t feel the same.

Reaction Score
Watched on TV and wish I was there.
I watch a lot of college hoops and I think Donny Marshall is one of the best. He calls a great game and breaks down the x and o of both teams.

Reaction Score
Watched on TV and the crowd looked great. Nothing is more defeating for a fan at the game wanting to get into it as the other team matching shot for shot. There were a couple times where we got the stops, but just couldn't put the roundy thing in the circle. It was like when you go to put all your energy into pushing a door open only to realize after that it was a pull. It reduces your energy by half.

Crowd was great.

CV1

Reaction Score
Its been 2 years and everyone's on edge because of the virus situation.
Everyone was so on edge that about 80 percent of the crowd had no masks on and some even booed when they announced periodically to please wear masks and to thank them for their cooperation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom