Grantland's latest on Napier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Great article, thanks for sharing. I only objected to these lines:
"When the Spartans came within two again, with 31 seconds remaining, Napier stood high above the arc and shot an air ball — but jackknifed his body as he did it, kicking out and reaching forward. Appling’s contesting hand brushed, barely, Napier’s wrist. It was Appling’s fifth foul."

Not how I saw it. Appling didn't barely brush the wrist (more like the elbow?) or it would not have been an airball five feet short of the basket. Not even sure Shabazz was trying to initiate the contact.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
"When the Spartans came within two again, with 31 seconds remaining, Napier stood high above the arc and shot an air ball — but jackknifed his body as he did it, kicking out and reaching forward. Appling’s contesting hand brushed, barely, Napier’s wrist. It was Appling’s fifth foul."

Not how I saw it. Appling didn't barely brush the wrist (more like the elbow?) or it would not have been an airball five feet short of the basket. Not even sure Shabazz was trying to initiate the contact.
Appling hit Napier's wrist, preventing his follow-through. There is no air ball if he wasn't fouled.

Reaction Score
Thank god we finally get some praise on Grantland, That guy Titus has been crapping on us al season, even his latest one playing down of victory. You Serious Bro?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Appling hit Napier's wrist, preventing his follow-through. There is no air ball if he wasn't fouled.

It was some redemption because he had been getting hit like that on numerous occasions throughout the game and it wasn't called. Oddly enough - the last one was probably the weakest.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Only someone who loves the game of basketball deeply could have written that article. And only someone who loves the game of basketball deeply can truly know Shabazz' greatness.

Reaction Score

That's not how you saw it because that's not how it happened. It wasn't just an airball, it was a solid 5 feet short, because Appling fouled Napier on the shot. A blind person could see that on the replay. Thank goodness the official saw it in real time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's not how you saw it because that's not how it happened. It wasn't just an airball, it was a solid 5 feet short, because Appling fouled Napier on the shot. A blind person could see that on the replay. Thank goodness the official saw it in real time.

Clearly. What are these people thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom