Grandstaff, Ohio State transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Grandstaff, Ohio State transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You mean the same people that called the father a db for doing what is in his sons best interest in a complimentary way?

And I could care less if cassell gave me a second look in person. Who really does that?

We support every single player on our roster here. That includes keeping any hopes we may have about players leaving the team private and unsaid. How hard can that be?

Reaction Score
You mean the same people that called the father a db for doing what is in his sons best interest in a complimentary way?

I don't see the point you're trying to make here, and it looks like you don't either. Welcome to the Board, you seem great.

Reaction Score
I don't see the point you're trying to make here, and it looks like you don't either. Welcome to the Board, you seem great.

You get thrown out of msg for berating an official but you judge me. Make sense

Reaction Score
We support every single player on our roster here. That includes keeping any hopes we may have about players leaving the team private and unsaid. How hard can that be?
I see. But a discussion board where you keep things private makes sense. Got it

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I see. But a discussion board where you keep things private makes sense. Got it

Cowboy, if you don't like the rules, you can ride yourself out of here.

Reaction Score
PT is an issue on every team us included. I have concerns about us not getting enough minutes to players and with the talent influx next year it's gonna get worse, particularly if Brimah, Rodney and DHam stay. It's a delicate balance for KO and I don't envy him.

Reaction Score
Many father's would have reacted similar concerning their child. Their pride and joy (look up his name in Texas high school) is not playing, pulled 'immediately' for mistakes and may not see the time of day on the court. Perhaps all justified.

We don't know their private and/or emotional conversations. But how many fathers here would not do the same for their kid?

No need to label him a jerk, he's just being Dad (and not all fathers are alike).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Many father's would have reacted similar concerning their child. Their pride and joy (look up his name in Texas high school) is not playing, pulled 'immediately' for mistakes and may not see the time of day on the court. Perhaps all justified.

We don't know their private and/or emotional conversations. But how many fathers here would not do the same for their kid?

No need to label him a jerk, he's just being Dad (and not all fathers are alike).

We don't know their private conversations; they're none of our business.

Dad made it public by going to the press on the record and that's fair game for commentary.

I've read several viewpoints and I'm staying with my original point. Helicopter parents aren't condusive to tight team cohesion. If I'm a coach I'm very leery of parents who like talking to the press about their kids. Even more leery of parents who basically admit they did a crap job of vetting the school and roster the first time.

Reaction Score
We don't know their private conversations; they're none of our business.

Dad made it public by going to the press on the record and that's fair game for commentary.

I've read several viewpoints and I'm staying with my original point. Helicopter parents aren't condusive to tight team cohesion. If I'm a coach I'm very leery of parents who like talking to the press about their kids. Even more leery of parents who basically admit they did a crap job of vetting the school and roster the first time.
Not disagreeing but there are hovering mothers, helicopter pilots, nagging wives, etc.. Just saying its 'normal' or not unusual and doesn't make them a jerk or other derogatory name.

Calling him a helicopter dad which is what he may be, is more likely accurate, just like calling my wife a nagging person (somewhat true). But call her a jerk and I will adversely respond/defend, only because she's my jerk and only mine.

Reaction Score

no need to label him a jerk, he's just being Dad (and not all fathers are alike).

totally agree

We always think our kids are better than they really are.

Reaction Score
How many heralded Texas basketball kids have played at OSU. He and Dad were sold a bill of goods about the B10 and now he will go home to a Texas school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom