Gotta love this headline from the Dallas Morning News... | The Boneyard

Gotta love this headline from the Dallas Morning News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Record crowd on hand at Moody to watch SMU take on, get obliterated by UConn women

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I thought SMU made a pretty good game of it for the first fifteen minutes. But the SNY announcer, Eric Frede (sp?) has coined a now classic line, "AND JUST LIKE THAT", UConn had a twenty point lead....

I'm a little surprised no other Boneyarder has picked up on that, you guys are slipping...

Reaction Score
Hey, at least they did better than Houston. What was attendance there? 1000? Whatever it was, it was just embarassing for them.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I thought SMU made a pretty good game of it for the first fifteen minutes. But the SNY announcer, Eric Frede (sp?) has coined a now classic line, "AND JUST LIKE THAT", UConn had a twenty point lead....

I'm a little surprised no other Boneyarder has picked up on that, you guys are slipping...

I have an excuse, I was at the game and didn't hear it. But I know exactly what he is talking about. It was a five point game 22-17 with 4 minutes to go. And just like that, two minutes later it is 30-17. Two more minutes and it is 37-17.

A five point game with only 4 minutes to go in the half, and a 20 points game at the half. That's quick.

Reaction Score

I don't pay attention to it because he says it EVERY game. Even if "just like that" means 10 minutes. I like him though. Definitely better than Meghan's regular CPTV partner.

Reaction Score
I don't pay attention to it because he says it EVERY game. Even if "just like that" means 10 minutes. I like him though. Definitely better than Meghan's regular CPTV partner.

Earlier in the season he coined the phrase, "score creep," refering to UConn's point totals always creeping up without noticing it.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Earlier in the season he coined the phrase, "score creep," refering to UConn's point totals always creeping up without noticing it.
True, we only notice it when it isn't creeping up, and then we notice it like hell and get all these nervous tics that make us go jittery in the seats or post fretful things in the game thread on the BY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom