Got my tickets to the Oregon game! | The Boneyard

Got my tickets to the Oregon game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
8 rows behind the visitor's bench!! Anyone making the trip to beautiful Eugene?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
No, but I'm jealous. I enjoyed my one trip to Portland, would love to go back.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Kait - since the conference out there doesn't want to play nice with the TV rights, you may be our only link to the action! Please plan on posting during the game to us deprived folks back in Conn. Thanks!

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
SNY isn't going to show it?! I know, Directv is really messing up with this whole Pac12 deal!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Hey Kait... Check your inbox please...

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure DirecTV carries SNY.. We get it at my work in Portland

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
DirecTV should have SNY everywhere on channel 639 as part of the Sports Package.

Reaction Score
DirecTV should have SNY everywhere on channel 639 as part of the Sports Package.
That's really not the problem, if I'm following the story correctly. SNY can't get access because whatever petty operation has the TV rights to the game isn't going for any kind of rebroadcast of their west coast telecast. This doesn't make sense from a business point of view since they typically get 5 or 10 thousand dollars for rebroadcast rights, which is like found money.

This kind of crap comes up about once a decade. Way back when Miami was still part of the Big East, CBS wouldn't allow CPTV to show the UConn women's game after the UConn/Miami men's game was broadcast earlier that day from the same venue.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
That's really not the problem, if I'm following the story correctly. SNY can't get access because whatever petty operation has the TV rights to the game isn't going for any kind of rebroadcast of their west coast telecast. This doesn't make sense from a business point of view since they typically get 5 or 10 thousand dollars for rebroadcast rights, which is like found money.

This kind of crap comes up about once a decade. Way back when Miami was still part of the Big East, CBS wouldn't allow CPTV to show the UConn women's game after the UConn/Miami men's game was broadcast earlier that day from the same venue.
Not exactly. It's the PAC-12 Network that has rights to the game, and they are in a bitter battle with DirecTV in particular to make the channels available on that carrier. Allowing other stations to air its programming undermines its negotiating position with the carriers. There is a huge amount of money at stake here.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Kait; what in the Sam Hill are you doing out in Oregon....do you live out there now?
I went to our Olympic track trials in Eugene in 1980....the year of our boycott of the Moscow games....really enjoyed the city.

Reaction Score
Not exactly. It's the PAC-12 Network that has rights to the game, and they are in a bitter battle with DirecTV in particular to make the channels available on that carrier. Allowing other stations to air its programming undermines its negotiating position with the carriers. There is a huge amount of money at stake here.
Great - I assume football is the snake in the grass. So although PAC-10 wbb games used to be common fare on MSG late night programming, the fans take it in the ear once again with the move to the PAC-12.

I knew there had to be something more. Thanks for clearing that up, Alex.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Eugene Oregon... Here we come... Got my tickets today... Unbelievable... Midcourt about 5 rows up I think...

$18 each...

Wow!!!!!:)

MG

Reaction Score
Eugene Oregon... Here we come... Got my tickets today... Unbelievable... Midcourt about 5 rows up I think...

$18 each...

Wow!!!!!:)

We will be there too! My husband and I are UCONN alums , living in Portland and our two daughters!
Unbelievable row EE for $18 each!!!!

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Kait; what in the Sam Hill are you doing out in Oregon....do you live out there now?
I went to our Olympic track trials in Eugene in 1980....the year of our boycott of the Moscow games....really enjoyed the city.

Haha! I've been out here for almost 4 years! I just wanted to get away from CT, see something other than my tiny little home state.. I just moved to Eugene in September for school, lived in Portland for 3 years. Have to say, I am in love with Eugene. I like it a lot better than Portland, it's just an awesome place. And I LOVE U of O. When my girlfriend and I came to visit 2 years ago to see if it's where we wanted to go to school, it reminded me so much of UConn. It just has that older feel that UConn has. It's a beautiful campus. Not to mention, all of the state of the art athletic facilities and great academic buildings thanks to Uncle Phil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom