Gordon Sammis Named OC | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Gordon Sammis Named OC

Reaction Score
In case those who recently signed up for StorrsCentral missed this interview - it’s worth the time.

These type of interactive pieces alone make the subscription fee worthwhile (outside blind support of the mission).
I agree, it was well worth the time. I like Sammis. He is not a bullsh_t artist. I don't think he is saying what we want to hear, but rather stating what he plans to do. It all starts with the O-line. It would be really nice to have a fun offense to watch. By fun, I mean, one that moves the ball and scores, and I don't care how they do it.

Reaction Score
I don’t see how taking a guy with no OC experience and making him an FCS OC is likely to radically improve things, but I guess we have no choice but to keep an open mind and hope for the best.

Reaction Score
I don’t see how taking a guy with no OC experience and making him an FCS OC is likely to radically improve things, but I guess we have no choice but to keep an open mind and hope for the best.
I am skeptical as well. What gives me hope is that he has been a run game coordinator and the QB coach/pass game coordinator UConn hired has experience as an OC.

Reaction Score
Its true of any organization that when any successful subordinate gets promoted to a higher level of responsibility with no prior experience at that promoted level. Always a risk. You don't know.

Reaction Score
Every great OC had a first year in that position. Have a little faith.
Only issue with this comment is we've seen this before with underwhelming results...

HOWEVER, Sammis has a leg up over the other failed experiments. We're now bringing in a higher calliber of players

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom