Goodbye voice.... | The Boneyard

Goodbye voice....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hope we have a good crowd today. I wish this was an evening game as the crowd always seems to take it up a notch at night.

Hopefully we get a fantastic student section and get a good portion of those fans who sit on their hands the entire game to actually get up and cheer.

The team is going to need a raucous Rent....and if we can step up like usual I really think we can surprise State with how loud we can make it.

I'm saying goodbye to my voice now because I plan on doing my part.

I also plan on randomly giving high fives to people who appear to be sitting on their hands. Some of our fans need that extra push to get up and cheer themselves. They need to realize it's not only OK to get up and cheer.....it's helpful to the team....and makes the game a hell of a lot more fun!!!

Let's get those come late/leave early/hand sitters involved damn it.

Reaction Score
Crowd was generally awful. Attendance was horrendous.....and what the hell is with having one gate that is specific for Uconn students to get into the game. We had a 10 minute line to get in while there wouldn't have been any wait at the other line....but no....current Uconn students only at that gate. It's not like those entryways only led to the student section.

Has that always been that way? I usually don't go in that gate.

Either way....patently ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Crowd was as bad as I can remember and I have been at almost every home game since 1999. Even student section was 1/3 empty at start of fourth quarter. Not loud at all. I believe we have 15K good base of fans and everyone else who shows up does not really care. I hope we can increase the 15K by converting some of the others but watching the offense we saw today will not help.

Reaction Score
Seen from the sunny side of the stadium, the number of empty seats in the blue and surrounding sections was appalling.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
My seats are in the last row of Section 206 and when I turn around I can see all of the red lot and it's honestly shocking how many people are still rolling in towards the middle of the 2nd quarter. I'm not talking a few stragglers here and there, it's a damn near continuous stream.

Reaction Score
That had a lot to do with the horrendous display on the field. It is tough to have a game buzz when the situation on the field is so sobering.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
student section was pathetic. half the kids left at the end of the third quarter. i officially dissociate myself from the student section and create my own section.

Reaction Score
I was in the stadium 41 minutes before kickoff. For the first time I left without the game having ended. 1 min and 36 seconds remained. We watched from behind the red line while Glennon took the final knee.

Reaction Score
This tweet from during the game about sums it up

It was posted during the 3rd quarter...

Which gets retweeted and retweeted and retweeted and the next thing you know, we're arguing why the State University of XYZ got an invite to the BiG10/ACC.

... and if you think we are going to hire Bobby Petrino or Mike Leach anytime soon, good luck passing your next pre-employment drug test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom