Goodbye Kerith Burke Job Well Done | The Boneyard

Goodbye Kerith Burke Job Well Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well looks like another loss for Huskies.

‏@KerithBurke

"I never know how early to say things, or what to say, but my time at SNY is coming to an end. It's been wonderful."

I personally found her work covering Uconn huskies both on the sidelines and especially on the Geno show to be exceptional. You could tell that the openness of her personality and intellectual curiosity intrigued Geno . In almost every show Geno would say that's a interesting question and we the viewer would learn something new? I love the program and everything they do but lets be honest it cant be easy for a reporter able to come up with new questions and angles for a team that lost 5 games total during her stint covering the team? Granted Geno does make it easier being such a interesting subject but like they say good conversation is like the tango. It takes two.

Best wishes to her and many thanks for helping make the Geno show a must watch TV destination.

Great example of Kerith and Geno's chemistry. I've watched this more then once and every time it makes me smile and I have shared this with others in trying to explain why this program is SO special.

Uconn Toast " honor the past, respect the present and believe in the future"

Amen

Thanks to Linwood Russell for post

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well looks like another loss for Huskies.

‏@KerithBurke

"I never know how early to say things, or what to say, but my time at SNY is coming to an end. It's been wonderful."

I personally found her work covering Uconn huskies both on the sidelines and especially on the Geno show to be exceptional. You could tell that the openness of her personality and intellectual curiosity intrigued Geno . In almost every show Geno would say that's a interesting question and we the viewer would learn something new? I love the program and everything they do but lets be honest it cant be easy for a reporter able to come up with new questions and angles for a team that lost 5 games total during her stint covering the team? Granted Geno does make it easier being such a interesting subject but like they say good conversation is like the tango. It takes two.

Best wishes to her and many thanks for helping make the Geno show a must watch TV destination.

Great example of Kerith and Geno's chemistry. I've watched this more then once and every time it makes me smile and I have shared this with others in trying to explain why this program is SO special.

Uconn Toast " honor the past, respect the present and believe in the future"

Amen

Thanks to Linwood Russell for post

CB: VERY nicely put. She did a marvelous job and Geno made it easy for her to do that.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
OMG the interview with Gabby was GREAT. Her answers to the question especially - if they made a UCONN movie, who would play the following:
  1. Gabby - Be'yonce. Obviously. I mean people mistake me for her (she's chuckling while she says that"
  2. Coach - He's not a real person, but Tony Soprano (more laughter)
  3. CD - What's her name from the Devil Wears Prada? Meryl Streep? Yeah there you go! (laughs again)
The kid's well spoken and charming and funny.

Reaction Score
I, too, thought she was excellent. I tried googling to find out what's next for her. No luck. But I discovered this very recent report:
Women on sports TV talk safety amid Andrews trial

Specifically to Burke:
“I don’t have a lot of say in where I stay or what hotel chains my company uses,” said Burke. “I do remember feeling sad and scared after what happened to Erin. I travel with Band-Aids to put over the peepholes. I prefer to join a coworker at the hotel restaurant or bar so strangers don’t approach me as much. There’s a noticeable difference when I eat or drink alone. I don’t like hotel rooms on the first floor. I don’t like rooms by the elevators. Depending on the length of my stay, I don’t get maid service because I don’t want anyone in my room except me.”

Just another thing we don't normally give any thought to, but it's obviously one of the job stressors for female reporters.

Reaction Score
It seemed inevitable that she would move on to greater opportunities. ( Hopefully, that's the case). Anyway, she was terrific and she brought a professionalism and a joy to all her shows and and court side reporting.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What a sharp, insightful young reporter. A shame to lose her. Hopefully out west she finds the job of a lifetime, and hopefully covering WCBB.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What a sharp, insightful young reporter. A shame to lose her. Hopefully out west she finds the job of a lifetime, and hopefully covering WCBB.
I am pretty sure her favorite sport is ice hockey.

Reaction Score
She did a fine job. Having said that, however, I thought that the Megan Culmo/Geno Auriemma "Coach Geno Auriemma Shows" were the best. Culmo was extremely knowledgeable and the way she got him to dissect games and plays was fascinating. Less glitz, more real talk.

Hope SNY can revive it.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I wish her the best. She, like the UConn team, undertook something that is easy to do badly, but chose instead to do it excellently. Broadcasting is easy to do at a level of "marginally competent." But Kerith was really, really good. And that is NOT easy, even if she makes it appear as such.

Reaction Score
She did a fine job. Having said that, however, I thought that the Megan Culmo/Geno Auriemma "Coach Geno Auriemma Shows" were the best. Culmo was extremely knowledgeable and the way she got him to dissect games and plays was fascinating. Less glitz, more real talk.

Hope SNY can revive it.

I've always liked Megan's work. Having a long, detailed history as a UConn player, asst. coach, and broadcaster, gives her access to relationships and insights that inform her work like no other. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed Kerith's work. She always seemed able to pose a question that made the interview. Some big-name interviewers seem wedded to cringe-worthy questioning that both exposes their lack of prep/insight and insures a scripted, safe answer from the player/coach. While being direct, especially with Geno, I never felt that she was employing 'gotcha-in-your-face' interviewing techniques.

I'll miss her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I thought Kerith brought a quality to her work that Megan didn't - more polished, less parochial. Thought she did a fabulous job of making the programs feel like 'national coverage' as opposed to the standard local college TV station feel.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I jump in here as well. She is terrific as sideline reporter but even more so in the Geno Show. I'm sure that there are big things in her future and I wish her nothing but success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom