Good News from Jim Fuller | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Good News from Jim Fuller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I'm excited for Brianna. She was impressive before the injury and nowhere near her ceiling. She's going to be fun to watch develop.
Me too- her lightning quick first step was huge- I'm keeping my fingers crossed like all of us. Got to chat with her a few times -her freshman yr, she was really nice.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great news.
And I really liked Meier's comment about MoJef to the affect that she was the difference for the USA team, she was just so strong with the ball! Different team I know, but with the scoring abilities of the other four players that would be on the court with Jefferson, I am not sure how many shots you actually want her taking. I expect her to start alongside Bria. Her defense and the threat of her speed to the basket on offense coupled with her distribution of the ball are the reasons. I expect she will only average 2 - 4 midrange/three pointers a game and if she makes 33% that is fine. I think she is capable of shooting better from distance, but I just am not that concerned.
On BB - she and Morgan will alternate being first off the bench, though if Chong does what we think she can and if Kiah does what we hope she will ... they all four may be competing for that distinction. What a lovely problem for Geno to have!

Reaction Score
You need to recheck you facts. Hartley was not the starting guard in the NC. She came off the bench. Bria is, also, more likely the 2 guard. Bria plays PG but is really a combo/2 guard. She and MoJeff were on the court together numerous times in the season with Bria at the 2.

My guess is that Dolson, Stewart, KML, Bria and MoJeff are the starters with Bria at the 2.[/qote]

Your right, CD started. However, Bria was our main pg. All I'm saying is that Geno doesn't hand any jobs out. They have to be earned. Mo has to earn it. We could see Bria and Banks in the backcourt or Bria and Chong, or possibly Bria and KML with Tuck starting. Yes, Mo will be given ever opportunity to win the job, but she'll have to perform better than last year.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

So as I said before, who do you think will be the starting 5? ;)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Dolson, Lewis, Jefferson,Stewart, Hartley.

And, IMO...Banks in not a point guard.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, CD and MoJeff shared extensive minutes at PG. Bria played minutes at both the 2 and filled in some at the 1. Other than the ND games Doty and MoJeff combined for over 30-35 minutes per game at PG at both the Big East and NCAAs. Check the box scores.

Reaction Score
Geno doesn't have to start a pure point guard, against the toughest team Notre Dame basically 6 people played Bria - 37, Breanna - 35, Kelly - 30, KML - 29, Stef - 29, Morgan - 25. Those 5 minus Kelly are who I feel will start, Moriah has to get better offensively, or teams are going to back off her, and double others. In the Final Four combined minutes of CD, and Moriah were 40.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno doesn't have to start a pure point guard, against the toughest team Notre Dame basically 6 people played Bria - 37, Breanna - 35, Kelly - 30, KML - 29, Stef - 29, Morgan - 25. Those 5 minus Kelly are who I feel will start, Moriah has to get better offensively, or teams are going to back off her, and double others. In the Final Four combined minutes of CD, and Moriah were 40.
Exactly. Against ND in the last three meetings Bria played more minutes, many at the point. It was about match-ups positively and negatively.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
One thing we have for the next couple of years is kids who can play the point. I would think that MoJeff will be developed even more this season .

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
To me, at this point, MoJeff is the only "true" point guard.

She was a freshman last year and I thought she played spectacular in the regionals against Maryland and Kentucky.

True, its about match-ups. However I think if MoJeff does well in practice the job is hers. Besides (to me) she is a better passer. Her drive and dish was great last season and she is only gonna get better.

Love Banks and glad is she is getting back to healthy. I too, dont think of her as a PG. If MoJeff can play steady at the point and let Hartley truly be a 2 guard, watch out.

H

Huskyfan23

Starting 5: Dolson, Stewart, KML, Hartley, Chong.

ZERO CHANCE that Chong starts this year. Even with the limited roster numbers I would be surprised if she averaged more than 12 minutes this year. As good as Chong was in H.S. it was just that H.S. and the jump from H.S. to an average Div. 1 college is enormous and the jump from an average Div. 1 school to a program like UConn is immeasurable.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I guess I should have said who is your starting 5 at the beginning and early season stage. So you think Chong will learn the ropes quickly and jump ahead of Mo?

I would be shocked if, barring injury, Chong starts ahead of MoJeff at any point this season. Maybe she'll surprise me tho!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Are u kidding me- u think she is going to become a starter on this team? Anything u r basing that on?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ZERO CHANCE that Chong starts this year. Even with the limited roster numbers I would be surprised if she averaged more than 12 minutes this year. As good as Chong was in H.S. it was just that H.S. and the jump from H.S. to an average Div. 1 college is enormous and the jump from an average Div. 1 school to a program like UConn is immeasurable.
I wouldn't say ZERO (0) CHANCE. If Jefferson, Banks, and Tuck were hurt/injured (in the doghouse), maybe Stokes too, then I could see Chong starting.

Nothing against Chong. It's just she's a freshman and there are a lot of very (very) good players senior to her. She would have to be up in the DT, Moore, Stewart level to start without some injuries happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom