Good fit for Inés? | The Boneyard

Good fit for Inés?

Reaction Score
I think that Inés would be a good fit at UMaine. I think they had 5-6 grad students/seniors this year, so they may have spots open. They have had great success integrating European players into their system. They qualified for the tournament this year, losing to a tough Ohio St. team in the first round, but they gave Indiana a run for their money in a game before Xmas.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Fairfield makes sense, Manhattan (now not with Liberty, the Muhl sisters nyc apartment not happening) and of course if she wants to see America, Oregon State has openings.

Seriously, just somewhere she can play 30 minutes. I'll even go watch one.

Reaction Score
Two UConn women’s basketball players entered the transfer portal on Monday: Junior forward Amari DeBerry and sophomore guard Inês Bettencourt.
"We appreciate Amari’s time at UConn," head coach Geno Auriemma said in a release. "We wish her and her family the best as she continues her collegiate career.”
"Inês is a bright person and player, and we’re thankful for her time at UConn," Auriemma said in a later statement. "We wish her and her family the best as she continues her collegiate career.”

Neither played earned a spot in the rotation during their time with the Huskies. DeBerry arrived as the No. 15 player in the class of 2021 but never put it all together in Storrs. She appeared in 65 games over her three years at UConn, setting career-highs with 26 minutes (vs. Princeton in 2022-23), 13 points and eight rebounds (both against Seton Hall on Jan. 17, 2023). The high point in DeBerry’s career came when she appeared in the national championship game in 2022.
Bettencourt was a surprise addition to the roster ahead of the 2022-23 season. When Paige Bueckers went down with a torn ACL in August, the Huskies scrambled to find a guard to replace her and ultimately found Bettencourt. Initially committed to Northwest Florida — a junior college — she flipped to UConn nine days before she arrived on campus.

With the two players departing, UConn now has two open scholarships to use on potential transfer portal additions.

Reaction Score
I think that Inés would be a good fit at UMaine. I think they had 5-6 grad students/seniors this year, so they may have spots open. They have had great success integrating European players into their system. They qualified for the tournament this year, losing to a tough Ohio St. team in the first round, but they gave Indiana a run for their money in a game before Xmas.
I believe she is looking to go to Queens or Utah...Two very good friends on that team.

Reaction Score
While they are often overlooked, I would vote for Ines going to any of the Patriot League teams. My favorite is Bucknell since I love the look and feel of Lewisburg, Pa. I don't feel she has a long-term objective of playing professional bball and each school does a wonderful job of giving its athletes a great education that earns them positive careers. I see her as an immediate starter at every school so without knowing her professional objectives, feel this would be a good combination of basketball and professional goal achievement.

Reaction Score
While they are often overlooked, I would vote for Ines going to any of the Patriot League teams. My favorite is Bucknell since I love the look and feel of Lewisburg, Pa. I don't feel she has a long-term objective of playing professional bball and each school does a wonderful job of giving its athletes a great education that earns them positive careers. I see her as an immediate starter at every school so without knowing her professional objectives, feel this would be a good combination of basketball and professional goal achievement.
I may be wrong but I thought that the Patriot League didn’t offer scholarships

Reaction Score
The Patriot League schools started offering BB scholarships in the fall of 1998.

A couple of them started scholarships then, when the league first allowed them. But some didn't get them until 5-10 years after that.

Reaction Score
Ines would do great in a really good d2 school or a d3 school like NYU. NYU has excellent academics, they won the d3 championship, and it's freaking NYC.. The same for Amari. Amari would be an absolute beast with NYU.

Reaction Score
The Patriot League schools started offering BB scholarships in the fall of 1998.
Gandy Malou-Manel, incoming class of 2025 (a H.S. Senior-to-be), her USA " MOM" was
a WBB player in the Patriot League at COLGATE UNIVERSITY 1994 - 1998. But for INES
that's a long way from any water view... and I hear it gets COLD in Upstate N.Y.
Not so bad for Amari... Close to home ...trip north to Syracuse and west on the interstate to the
Buffalo area!! Perhaps they could go as a package deal. A great pass and assist
combination... see below!
BYW.... I have just ordered my # 21 hooded sweatshirt to support INES in
her future WBB prospects. GO INES! GO AMARI.... Thanks for the memory... of
the Amari pass to Ines in that Seton Hall game.... a bucket by the set of her pants!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Gandy Malou-Manel, incoming class of 2025 (a H.S. Senior-to-be), her USA " MOM" was
a WBB player in the Patriot League at COLGATE UNIVERSITY 1994 - 1998. But for INES
that's a long way from any water view... and I hear it gets COLD in Upstate N.Y.
Not so bad for Amari... Close to home ...trip north to Syracuse and west on the interstate to the
the Amari pass to Ines in that Seton Hall game.... a bucket by the set of her pants!!
That play was really something. What gets lost is that Nesh had to really reach down to grab it and then get back up quickly and keep her balance to lay it in. Good athletic move by her.

BTW, I made an indirect reference to you in my post in the eclipse music thread.

Reaction Score
That play was really something. What gets lost is that Nesh had to really reach down to grab it and then get back up quickly and keep her balance to lay it in. Good athletic move by her.

BTW, I made an indirect reference to you in my post in the eclipse music thread.
MANY THANKS! It was music to my ears! BTW my #21 hoodie is in processing... Need
to support the " forever Huskies!"

Reaction Score
Still in Storrs for now..
1000009957.jpg

Reaction Score

Off topic, but why isn't Gandy Malou-Manel ranked in the 2025 class of prospects? Don't see her. Or have I overlooked?

Reaction Score
Dear Fairfield Fan,
Good question! The answer is because Gandy Malou-Mamel is NOT a prospect. Ms. Malou-Mamel
is a COMMITTED (as in signed, sealed, but not delivered) member of the UCONN WBB class of 2025-2026.
Gandy is in the same category as Kelis Fisher, who also is no longer a "prospect" because Kelis has also
signed her letter of intent to join the HUSKIES. See the thread with the UCONN WOMEN's Basketball
Scholarship Grid. Both young ladies are on the Scholarship grid. The PROSPECTS and/or Players of Interest (POI)
are looking to fill the "OPEN" category on the grid. Those open slots will be formally determined IN THE FUTURE
based upon a lot of things: Graduation, players taking "Red Shirt" (injury) extra years, etc., etc. It can be very confusing.

Reaction Score
Off topic, but why isn't Gandy Malou-Manel ranked in the 2025 class of prospects? Don't see her. Or have I overlooked?
See answer under #22 in this thread. I mistakenly did not write it under your question, sorry. Z

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Am I missing something? Let me know.

Gandy and Kelis are verbal commits to UConn. They can't sign the letter of intent until that week in early
November during their senior class. Right or wrong?
While they have been offered schollies....and accepted that offer...they are not signed yet.
I'll wager that Geno has not commented on their abilities yet...only will do that after the letters arrive
in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Dear Fairfield Fan,
Good question! The answer is because Gandy Malou-Mamel is NOT a prospect. Ms. Malou-Mamel
is a COMMITTED (as in signed, sealed, but not delivered) member of the UCONN WBB class of 2025-2026.
Gandy is in the same category as Kelis Fisher, who also is no longer a "prospect" because Kelis has also
signed her letter of intent to join the HUSKIES. See the thread with the UCONN WOMEN's Basketball
Scholarship Grid. Both young ladies are on the Scholarship grid. The PROSPECTS and/or Players of Interest (POI)
are looking to fill the "OPEN" category on the grid. Those open slots will be formally determined IN THE FUTURE
based upon a lot of things: Graduation, players taking "Red Shirt" (injury) extra years, etc., etc. It can be very confusing.
Neither Fisher or Gandy can sign a NLI until Nov. 13 this coming fall. They are not currently signed anywhere.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? Let me know.

Gandy and Kelis are verbal commits to UConn. They can't sign the letter of intent until that week in early
November during their senior class. Right or wrong?
While they have been offered schollies....and accepted that offer...they are not signed yet.
I'll wager that Geno has not commented on their abilities yet...only will do that after the letters arrive
in Storrs.

Right. Cannot sign until early November. And your wager would be a good one, since NCAA rules prohibit him from commenting on anyone who has not signed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom