Good Banks Story | The Boneyard

Good Banks Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
If Banks can penetrate consistently and make good decisions once she does, we will be that much more deadly. She has always had the physical tools but last year she just didn't have the experience/savvy/poise to convert those tools into an on-court impact against better talent.

And we shall see if she has learned how to stay in front of the ballhandler, turning them, drawing charges, etc. in the half court. Lord knows she has the footspeed - but last year she seemed content to just ride players as they went by, much to GA's chagrin. I know she has it in her to be a great defender at this level.

Ever since I saw her play in the McD all-star game, I have been waiting for her to light it up for the Huskies. Sounds like this year could be a big step forward!

Reaction Score
I thought this was about a bank where I can get more than 1% on my CDs

;)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
When I saw the kids scrimmage a couple of weeks ago, her aggressiveness on offense was very evident.
She wasn't hitting from deep but made several borderline spectactular baskets on drives....plus had a couple of assists
on bullet passes to posts off her drives.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It's always encouraging to hear that, when someone doesn't have the results they hoped for, they look in mirror and honestly assess what they can do about it.

Brianna is an elite athlete and should never be at the bottom of the bench. This year, there will be 11 extremely talented kids that go through more rigorous drills than anyone. I expect teams to feel absoluted suffocated and lapped by UConn.

HGN

Reaction Score
Sounds to me like a year's experience ; better conditioning ; and more confidence was the key ingredients needed. Now we may see the Real Banks. With a lot of fan 'Interest' with her deserving all the 'Credit' ; and 'Dividends' being paid on the court with a lot more PT.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I remember when they played that entertaining pickup game against the comedian and his crew. Name escapes me. Anyway, there were several moments in the [hilarious] video where they talked about the 'girl in the red shorts' flying up and down the court like a demon. It was Brianna.

UCONN always likes to run, but per Brianna's interview it sounds like this year it sounds like they're preaching it more than ever, as well as using the depth all over the court (as many have already mentioned). If Banks can raise the level of her half-court D, I think she can get enough minutes to really do some damage on the break, in presses and extended defenses, and penetration.

She is indeed an elite athlete and her upside could be huge, if not this year then in her JR/SR timeframe. I think at least we can expect a big step forward for her this year. As difficult as getting minutes on a team like this will be, I actually get the feeling that Banks has a higher comfort level with a lot of talent around her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've been looking for some good banks to transfer my checking account. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Brianna can definitely get into the lane, as counl Tiff. Brianna may not have the 3-point shot that Tiffany has, but her pull-up jumper is more developed. She clearly has WNBA-type athleticism. And the running game is a good fit for her abilities. She and Moriah will wear people out.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
It always befuddled me as to why she did not move her feet on defense, to stay in front of the offensive player.

Reaction Score
What an uplifting article on Brianna. I am glad to hear that she is working hard on and off the court. Speaks volumes on the type of kid she is. Can't wait to see her play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom